2019/20 Beni Baningime

Status
Not open for further replies.
Now we have nothing to play for its the opportunity to see what players all the players can do. Play 4-4-2 with Baningime as the holding player and see what his partner can do with a disciplined defensive player in there. If Gomes/ Davies/Delph do ok at least then we would know that if we upgrade our more defensive player we might have something to work with. This is where Gbamin injury was an absolute disaster as I think we are all realistic enough to know Baningime is not good enough. However if we are going to play 4-4-2 it might be that none of our midfielders are good enough and we need 3/4 new ones in the summer as you need 2 for the team and 1/2 as back up. Part of the reason I want to play 4-3-3 as I think we might only need 2 midfielders as some of our midfielders wouldn't look as bad in a correctly balanced 3 man midfield. Before anyone says we have tried a 3 man midfield that was Davies with 2 number 10s which was hardly balanced. I'm talking about playing a 3 a bit like Chelsea 05/06, Makele DM, Essein DM/CM, Lampard CM/AM. I know they are all high calibre players but thats what I think we need. I personally think Gomes/Iwobi could do the Lampard role but obviously not quite to his level and maybe Gbamin could do one of the other 2 roles. Baningime is definitely not the answer but he may help us find out if other players are potentially the answer.

Could fail to 14th and that’s worth something like £6m in prize money so think Carlo will start the best players available and try to win all the remaining games.

Could fail to 14th and that’s worth something like £6m in prize money so think Carlo will start the best players available and try to win all the remaining games.

But who are the best players. The ones that have been playing so far have hardly created the impression they are any good.

He has two years left on his deal. If he can't get into this side's midfield he must be miles off PL level. It's a shame as he looked good in the minutes he played.

....my doubt is Ancelotti has not brought him off the bench despite us clearly lacking in central midfield, but if he does get an opportunity he is the type of character who won’t be found wanting for attitude.

He seems more willing to try Gordon there. Might be worth Benni and Iwobi with Gomes at least Iwobi has some physicality about him and could drive up field in a central three he is doing nothing in wide areas at the moment.

Status
Not open for further replies.