2019/20 Beni Baningime

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dunno mate a lot of our academy products are going on to be decent football league players. That's exciting and something to be lauded, Unsy probably goes the extra mile with it because he knows them personally and is guiding them. Not his fault if they don't all kick on to be Everton first teamers
I understand that and I undoubtedly exaggerated for effect.
However I have become disillusioned with final quality of our academy players, and extremely doubtful of Unsworth’s ability to fully develop them and equip them to enter the first team squad. This is after all his prime objective not winning u23 leagues , nice though it is.

I understand that and I undoubtedly exaggerated for effect.
However I have become disillusioned with final quality of our academy players, and extremely doubtful of Unsworth’s ability to fully develop them and equip them to enter the first team squad. This is after all his prime objective not winning u23 leagues , nice though it is.

Wouldn't say that's down to him though, even when we've bought ready made young players for the team they don't break in (Lookman, Vlasic, Kean at the moment). We've had Davies and Jonjo Kenny breaking through recently from our academy and that's not bad, most teams in the league are on that level and there's nothing to suggest we should be exceeding that. Examples like: Leicester with Harvey Barnes, Burnley with McNeil (even though he's more of uniteds product), Palace with Wann Bissaka, Newcastle with Longstaff, Brighton with Conolly.

The only teams excelling are those you would hands down say are above us atm, Spurs with Kane, Parrot, Winks. City with Foden and the army of reserves that can't get a game because their squad is amazing, and Chelsea because of the transfer ban.

Can see why its easy to be disillusioned with the academy but it's all for profit and to support young lads making their careers in footy rather than it's about finding the Rooneys and Barkleys who could have helped us progress, they're bonuses

If I was the manager and my job was on the line would I pick Schneiderlin or Baningme ?
I would pick Schneiderlin as Baningme for me would be too much of a risk. (of course I haven't seen Baningme in training.)

I would play Adeniran

It does not take much more than a little common sense much less than a moderate IQ of the game can tell that anyone is a better option than schniderfraud.

That crab offers ZERO upside.

Frankly, anyone who says differently is selling something.
There is a system that Schneiderlin could be half decent in but it has never been what we've been using. And at this point I think his confidence, and maybe even his desire, are at a point where it isn't really worthwhile playing him injuries permitting.

That said Baningime has kind of disappeared from the setup to the point that I really don't see him starting a game out of nowhere. My guess is he makes the bench at best.

There is a system that Schneiderlin could be half decent in but it has never been what we've been using. And at this point I think his confidence, and maybe even his desire, are at a point where it isn't really worthwhile playing him injuries permitting.

That said Baningime has kind of disappeared from the setup to the point that I really don't see him starting a game out of nowhere. My guess is he makes the bench at best.
Where can I purchase your optimism?

bliss seeing schniderfraud the way you do

reality is overrated

Where can I purchase your optimism?

bliss seeing schniderfraud the way you do

reality is overrated
I think as the deep player in a 3 man midfield he could be serviceable. I'm not saying he's as good as we would like to have, but I don't think he would be bad either. Basically a position where his job isn't to do anything but pass sideways and not abandon his position, which is what he already does, could suit him. As it is we shoehorn him into a two man deep midfield that has never worked well. We used to say he and Gueye couldn't play together. Reality was obviously Schneiderlin wasn't very good but I do think switching things a bit could make him average and not a black hole.

Anyway if Delph isn't fit he will be starting as again Baningime hasn't touched the squad in two solid years. And Sigurdsson is probably in too. Fun stuff.

I think as the deep player in a 3 man midfield he could be serviceable. I'm not saying he's as good as we would like to have, but I don't think he would be bad either. Basically a position where his job isn't to do anything but pass sideways and not abandon his position, which is what he already does, could suit him. As it is we shoehorn him into a two man deep midfield that has never worked well. We used to say he and Gueye couldn't play together. Reality was obviously Schneiderlin wasn't very good but I do think switching things a bit could make him average and not a black hole.

Anyway if Delph isn't fit he will be starting as again Baningime hasn't touched the squad in two solid years. And Sigurdsson is probably in too. Fun stuff.

He was in the bench couple of weeks back

I was never one to be overly excited by the hype but he does seem to be maybe what we need at the minute. I was always worried about his limitations on the ball bit if he does the dirty stuff it would free Davies and/or Delph to do the more fancy stuff further forward. I'm not saying he's the answer but it would be poor form from the club if we let him go and he turned out decent. Ultimately he would be 2nd choice DM when Gbamin is back but surely he's worth a look once we get some more points. Should have been in the bench instead of Baines.

Get this lad replacing Schneiderlin from now on. Be that starting or on the bench he's going to improve the side just by working hard. Anything beyond would be a night and day improvement over Le Fraud. Man Utd has a team littered with kids and a few of them have embraced the opportunity and stepped up.
Totally agree. There is no way he can be any worse than Schneiderlin, and at least a decent chance he's better.

Status
Not open for further replies.