2019/20 Beni Baningime

Status
Not open for further replies.
I understand that and I undoubtedly exaggerated for effect.
However I have become disillusioned with final quality of our academy players, and extremely doubtful of Unsworth’s ability to fully develop them and equip them to enter the first team squad. This is after all his prime objective not winning u23 leagues , nice though it is.
I was never one to be overly excited by the hype but he does seem to be maybe what we need at the minute. I was always worried about his limitations on the ball bit if he does the dirty stuff it would free Davies and/or Delph to do the more fancy stuff further forward. I'm not saying he's the answer but it would be poor form from the club if we let him go and he turned out decent. Ultimately he would be 2nd choice DM when Gbamin is back but surely he's worth a look once we get some more points. Should have been in the bench instead of Baines.

I think Brands is supposed to help provide the missing link between U23 and first team - isn't that his role?
That is the current gap, recause for around 10 years - maybe some of you will think even longer, we have had excellent youth players but only a handful have made it to the top, and only 2/3 are in the Premier League. That's a pretty good return considering, but It would be evne better, considering the financial challenges nowadays, if they actually formed part of the first team.Those 6 Man Utd players were an unusual freak situation - all being good at the same time and same age, but for our academyI think we need to see 2/3 always in our team who are academy products

Looks like this guy is looking for a move away in Jan as he does not see a break through happening, can’t upload link, but basically says

Even though we have a midfield crisis he still has not made the match day squad.

Didn’t Unsworth say he has been playing brilliant for the U23s, surely he is better than Schniderlain who will start tonight and be given the run around again.

Other players concerned is Lewis who is also looking for a move and Evans

Looks like this guy is looking for a move away in Jan as he does not see a break through happening, can’t upload link, but basically says

Even though we have a midfield crisis he still has not made the match day squad.

Didn’t Unsworth say he has been playing brilliant for the U23s, surely he is better than Schniderlain who will start tonight and be given the run around again.

err he was recently on the bench and now he’s injured?

That’s taken from a website with no credibility though?

If I were anyone on this team (apart from the wage collectors), I would take the first move that came my way. We are a train wreck and will remain a train wreck.

The right thing to do for the young lads is to wait and see who the new manager is.

Things can change very quickly with a new manager.

You know its bad when people think this lad has anything to offer.
We already know several of our players have less than nothing to offer. I think at some point you have to test your youth if some of your guys are THIS bad. You have to at least attempt to find a solution. Silva just keeps shoving people into the lineup that barely deserve to be in the league.

Is it wise to play a youngster with limited premier league experience against an in form Liverpool side, possibly their greatest ever team. I know he done well against Chelsea but it's worth pointing out the obvious.

Status
Not open for further replies.