2019/20 Beni Baningime

Status
Not open for further replies.
I doubt it. If the youngsters outshone these players in training over a few weeks then I don't think he would ignore that. Maybe they are not showing as much as Schnides or DCL

Why would you doubt it, the evidence is clear. If you consistently don't perform on match day you shouldn't deserve a place in the team even if you play like Messi in training.
Joe Williams just won motm in the game on sky, no one will ever convince me scheiderlin is a better option than him to have in the squad and yet he's shipped out and Schnides is still stinking out our midfield

Why would you doubt it, the evidence is clear. If you consistently don't perform on match day you shouldn't deserve a place in the team even if you play like Messi in training.
Joe Williams just won motm in the game on sky, no one will ever convince me scheiderlin is a better option than him to have in the squad and yet he's shipped out and Schnides is still stinking out our midfield

Well it is obvious that Silva doesn't trust them to play at the top level despite evidence showing that Schides is average so the evidence isn't clear that someone else would do better. Joe Williams may have got MOTM but playing at Wigan is a bit different. Once Gbamin and Delph are not injured Schnides will be pushed down and Davies has not shown consistently that he is better but now has a chance to prove it by hopefully keeping his place after yesterdays performance. We all think no one can be worse than Schnides but ultimately Silva sees them day in day out and we have to accept his decision.

Don’t think Silva likes playing youth to be honest, every season we have someone coming through in and around the squad. He shipped Kenny out the squad, Davies was cast aside and only made the team through no other options. He says Gordon is close to the team but still can’t get near when we are threadbare.

Out of all the recent managers he is the least likely to try one of our youngsters, they may not be good enough but the last few managers have at least tried them.

Don’t think Silva likes playing youth to be honest, every season we have someone coming through in and around the squad. He shipped Kenny out the squad, Davies was cast aside and only made the team through no other options. He says Gordon is close to the team but still can’t get near when we are threadbare.

Out of all the recent managers he is the least likely to try one of our youngsters, they may not be good enough but the last few managers have at least tried them.

Well everybody is demanding we play full-strength sides in the cups, you cant have it both ways.

Or he's just a highly conservative manager who sticks to what he knows even if it's proven gash
This. I mean if the first few months of the season haven't shown that I don't know what will! Some managers are brave and will take a chance playing younger players, e.g. Poch and others are so conservative that they'll never give a debut to a young player e.g. Allardyce. I'd say Silva was fairly close to the Allardyce end of the scale on these matters. Saying there not doing it in training when he's not given a single youngster a debut is usually a smokescreen for the fact that the manager hasn't got the courage to give them a go in my opinion.

If the report is true and he doesn’t want to be here let him go.
He had a chance to establish his worth on loan and failed miserably , we need players who will fight to get their chance not those who expect it on a plate.

Interesting read that.

Highlights him wanting to go in Jan with also Evans + Gibson not finding a path into the first team.

I felt he looked a great player when he first broke into the squad and expected him to push on. However, a failed loan move and the only club in for him last summer being brondby tells its own story.

Looks like hes on his way in Jan which gets his wages off the books as hes contracted till 2022.

It's an odd article to me in as much as it's come out the game after he was in the first team squad. It's widely accepted he has stagnated of the last 18 months, partly through injury but also his attitude hasn't been spot on by all accounts.

Unsworth has said he is getting back to the level we would expect. So lets see.

As for the other two, at present Gibson will likely leave s things stand but I would say Gordon seems content enough with progress.

No one can say he doesn’t play youth.

he plays a 19 year old kid most weeks

he gave Davies the captains armband last season several times.

Plus the knives would be out if he lost a few games for playing kids

Joe Williams is such a weird one

I think his issue was that he's injury prone and that's why we moved him on

It's a shame though as he seemed to have a lot of potential

If the report is true and he doesn’t want to be here let him go.
He had a chance to establish his worth on loan and failed miserably , we need players who will fight to get their chance not those who expect it on a plate.
As a club we are very poor on giving updates on our injured young players, as a result people are happy to believe anything they read from elsewhere. Beni played one game on loan and was injured, but this did not emerge until months later. As a result people made up stories about “Beni Bighead” “ Not good enough to be picked” “ Bad attitude” etc. None of this has proven to be true. Unsworth has continually praised him this season, and so far he’s the only U23s player Silva has picked in his squad, hardly what you’d expect of someone with a bad attitude.

As a club we are very poor on giving updates on our injured young players, as a result people are happy to believe anything they read from elsewhere. Beni played one game on loan and was injured, but this did not emerge until months later. As a result people made up stories about “Beni Bighead” “ Not good enough to be picked” “ Bad attitude” etc. None of this has proven to be true. Unsworth has continually praised him this season, and so far he’s the only U23s player Silva has picked in his squad, hardly what you’d expect of someone with a bad attitude.
Unsworth has his favourites and Beni is definitely one of them. Joe Williams was another. 2 years ago he was saying Williams was ready for the first. I mean come on, let’s be serious.
Williams level was always the championship imo

Unsworth has his favourites and Beni is definitely one of them. Joe Williams was another. 2 years ago he was saying Williams was ready for the first. I mean come on, let’s be serious.
Williams level was always the championship imo
Well yes, Unsworth does favour players who give their all to the cause, but it’s an odd comparison to make bringing Williams into the argument like it means Unsworth will always be wrong so we should disregard any of his comments. His job is part coach, part mentor/ father figure it’s part of his role to be positive about players like Beni .

Well yes, Unsworth does favour players who give their all to the cause, but it’s an odd comparison to make bringing Williams into the argument like it means Unsworth will always be wrong so we should disregard any of his comments. His job is part coach, part mentor/ father figure it’s part of his role to be positive about players like Beni .
Well I don’t think unsworth should be still in a job but that’s another argument.
I wasn’t taking pleasure about Williams, I was making a point that he shouldn’t really say he’s ready for the first team, that’s not his job.

And it just looks to me like he praises certain players over others. I don’t think Beni will ever make the first team he’s 21 now and hardly kicked on in 3yrs.

Status
Not open for further replies.