2022/23 Ben Godfrey

Status
Not open for further replies.
Firstly, I hope he is ok and recovers quickly. However - his own lapse in concentration and his erratic diving in from miles away has caused him his injury. I get that people will blame the officials but in my opinion, it is all on Godfrey and not the linesman. The speed at which the ball goes back to Pickford would make it impossible for the linesman to be in line.

Fact is it was an awful backpass, Pickford's decision to keep it in and it going to a Chelsea player and then Godfrey lunging from miles away have led to him now being injured long term. On the plus, as much as I'm not a fan, thought Holgate played well when replacing him.
It is also on Pickford. Giving the ball back to a Chelsea player is peak Pickford!

It's not bad luck, though. Godfrey's lack of technique, lack of composure, and panicked recklessness contributed to his own sorry demise.

And anybody thinking Mina getting injured is "bad luck" just isn't paying attention.

Its definitely the conditioning/fitness staff they don't make our players be in peak condition. Look at the amount of players who's careers have ended / been drastically reduced here:

Yakubu
Toshun
Oviedo
Bolasie
Gbamin
Godfrey?
DCL?

thats an unbelievable amount and a hell of a lot of money flushed down the drain.

Its amazing the medical department does not have its own thread on the forum as they are one of the main problems at the club yet get a free pass every season under the guise of "bad luck".

It's not bad luck, though. Godfrey's lack of technique, lack of composure, and panicked recklessness contributed to his own sorry demise.

And anybody thinking Mina getting injured is "bad luck" just isn't paying attention.
The lad made a slide tackle and broke his leg in a freak accident but because he made one bad pass beforehand it’s entirely his fault? Behave. Mina is a different story.

Fibula - 3 months.. maybe a bit less for a fit professional sportsman.

Which will be 6 months because.. Everton That.

Horrible to see. Especially when easily avoidable if the linesman flags and the ref blows when the ball goes out.

Yes he created the mistake initially with poor backpass. Then it was compounded by Pickford trying to keep a ball in he should have just let run out.

Just poor all round.

His pace will be missed and he was arguable a good option to have next to Tarkowski. Mina crocked too. We start to look thin at back all of a sudden again

Thought the team handles it really well considering. They got a pen from the last kick of extended added time in the 1st half. In other seasons we'd have folded to 3 or 4 down in that 2nd half. Considering the lack of anything up top, and playing players out of position we did OK. Hopefully back in the new year Ben fighting fit.

The lad made a slide tackle and broke his leg in a freak accident but because he made one bad pass beforehand it’s entirely his fault? Behave. Mina is a different story.
No, one bad blind pass, one moment of panic, and one reckless tackle to try to redeem the situation. Sorry, his palpable lack of technique was a contributing factor.

Status
Not open for further replies.