2022/23 Ben Godfrey

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hopefully if we can keep hold our nerve with this manager for more than 10 games Ben can come good - he was pretty good under Ancelotti.

The fact that he can do a job at both left back and cb helps too.

Mina and Holgate to go first I expect.

Hopefully if we can keep hold our nerve with this manager for more than 10 games Ben can come good - he was pretty good under Ancelotti.

The fact that he can do a job at both left back and cb helps too.

Mina and Holgate to go first I expect.
Yeah Mina 100% due to contact, Holgate as Dyche doesn't fancy him as a player. Just have to hope we can find a taker.

Showed so much promise in his first season yet is somehow not even in the top 3/4 defenders at the club currently..

I'm not sure how quick Godfrey is since his covid struggles. He is obviously quickish, but, I don't think he has the blistering pace he showed when we signed him. The broken leg hasn't helped of course, but I think he seemed to have lost a yard of pace even before it.

Consigned to makeshift fullback until we can upgrade those positions - can’t see Dyche ever playing him as one of two centre backs, unless out of necessity. If we could get £15/20 million would be worth selling and put the money to a first choice left fullback.

Showed so much promise in his first season yet is somehow not even in the top 3/4 defenders at the club currently..

The errors were very much there. I genuinely think a lot cut him slack because of a combination of he was new, quick, and being told he was something good. Reality is his defending has been suspect since day one.
i still like him. When others score he loves it in his celebrations. I actually read a lot into something like that. Never discount spirit and attitude.
Needs to cut out errors though.

Getting better and braver with every game. His athleticism separates him from the pack by a full yard, such speed and physicality. I believe tonight Dyche gave orders to a few to be leaving a bit on the spurs players so they know they're in a game. Especially first half.
MotM for me. Definitely improving.

Getting better and braver with every game. His athleticism separates him from the pack by a full yard, such speed and physicality. I believe tonight Dyche gave orders to a few to be leaving a bit on the spurs players so they know they're in a game. Especially first half.
not sure about MoM but I like him and he is getting better

Will always be amazed during his youth that the moment he stopped growing, a coach didn’t turn him into a no nonsense, basic skilled but strong and fast right back. He’d not be whipping balls into dangerous areas, but he just gains territory burning up the touchline. Suits us.

Everyone kissing TAA’s arse because he could cross and attack a bit (and deciding all full backs need to be prime Zidane) only lasted 12 months. First line in his CV now is “crap at defending”.

I like Ben.

He's been showing his physical snide since hes been back in the team.

Status
Not open for further replies.