2020/21 Ben Godfrey

Status
Not open for further replies.
Watkins absolutely made him look like a carthorse
Tbh I think Watkins has been one of the stars of the season, remember Watkins giving Liverpool and the late VVD nightmares earlier on in the season. Thought we, Godfrey handled him a lot better in the second half because he ran rings around us / Holgate in the first.

Tbh I think Watkins has been one of the stars of the season, remember Watkins giving Liverpool and the late VVD nightmares earlier on in the season. Thought we, Godfrey handled him a lot better in the second half because he ran rings around us / Holgate in the first.

What Watkins done tonight is what you want to see from your strikers every week. Holgate absolutely crapped his pants and looked all ends up a Championship player. Godfrey dealt with him better and still looked like a Championship player.

He mullered our 2 centre backs today whilst our 2 strolled around like a pre season game

What Watkins done tonight is what you want to see from your strikers every week. Holgate absolutely crapped his pants and looked all ends up a Championship player. Godfrey dealt with him better and still looked like a Championship player.

He mullered our 2 centre backs today whilst our 2 strolled around like a pre season game

Yes thats what annoyed me.

Godfrey gets caught under the ball to much

Thought DCL looked the better of our two, but I feel Watkins has more to his game than DCL, just shows there are gems in the lower division's.

Didnt have his best game but he needs to stay in the team would have him next to mina. Will only get better from games like this

This is spot on with regards to our strikers, or how we play. DCL is as quick an anyone in the league. Why are we not playing off the shoulder and playing balls in behind. Watkins has done that all season to more experienced centre backs. I do feel it’s a-bit naive playing Godfrey and holgate not enough experience. Last week arsenal well there crap so shouldn’t use that game. I feel Carlo played them 2 for there pace against Watkins. But sometimes an experienced player like Mina could cope by marking the space and reading the game. I do feel Mina and Godfrey would of been a lot more assured.

This is spot on with regards to our strikers, or how we play. DCL is as quick an anyone in the league. Why are we not playing off the shoulder and playing balls in behind. Watkins has done that all season to more experienced centre backs. I do feel it’s a-bit naive playing Godfrey and holgate not enough experience. Last week arsenal well there crap so shouldn’t use that game. I feel Carlo played them 2 for there pace against Watkins. But sometimes an experienced player like Mina could cope by marking the space and reading the game. I do feel Mina and Godfrey would of been a lot more assured.
Yeah i really dont get it, players like Wilson and Antonio do it every game and Dom is certainly as quick and physical yet feel like we rarely utilise it, dont know why. Instead we lump balls for him to flick on to no one

Status
Not open for further replies.