2020/21 Ben Godfrey

Status
Not open for further replies.
...he looked like a CB playing RB today so I think the idea of him being some type of utility player might be a little premature.

One burst of acceleration to stop a breakaway near the centre circle was enough to confirm my belief that he’s a CB and only a CB.
It showed that he could sense danger the point you refer to. But he was like a fish out of water at RB. Bertrand and Redmond are a decent combination and they made it difficult for him. Just hope today, hasn’t dented the lad’s confidence.

Reminds me of holgate when played there, you just know he's not meant to be there but in the middle of the defence. We need him or holgate for there pace in the middle

It showed that he could sense danger the point you refer to. But he was like a fish out of water at RB. Bertrand and Redmond are a decent combination and they made it difficult for him. Just hope today, hasn’t dented the lad’s confidence.

...oh, I doubt it impacted his confidence. He might make mistakes but he won’t be wanting for attitude. He could develop into a proper player for us.

Hi folks, Norwich fan in peace here, hope you don't mind me contributing - I watched the game today with a careful eye on Godfrey.

It was definitely a poor team performance from your boys and from Godfrey in particular. I don't think that Godfrey ever played RB in his Norwich career, he played temporarily at LB for a period when Lewis was injured a couple of years ago but that's about it. In fact, he was a CDM in his loan at Shrewsbury before coming into the Norwich team and Farke converted him into a CB. I would say that he's played about 18 months of football at CB in his career and almost nothing at RB.

almost nothing at RB

or

I dont think he ever played RB

When he joined us (Norwich) and pre Shrewsbury he had some brief time at RB and DM. They always thought he would eventually move from DM via RB to CB. His time was brief at RB.

Then he went to Shrewsbury and played a season at DM.

Came back to Norwich where played as a CB. However in our promotion season (two seasons ago) he did fill in at LB for a couple of games.

Will Coleman or Kenny be available to play against Newcastle
What about Holgate or Braithwaite are they close to getting back on the training pitch

See Allan shouting at him midway through the second half. He kept going forward and giving the ball away, leaving Allan to cover and then the other midfielders having to get back. He’s never a full back but his lack of being able to do anything on the ball is worrying even for a centre back. Whoever plays right back will be isolated cos thats the role James has, but godfrey looked awful in every sense there.

He was a fish out of water because there was nothing in front of him.

Feel sorry for the lad tbh. Did a good job against the RS and shows himself as level-headed and strong. But a replacement for Seamus he is not, his attempts at getting forward or trying to cross yesterday were generally all terrible. Who plays RB for the U23s? Kyle John?

Status
Not open for further replies.