2020/21 Ben Godfrey

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tough game for the lad today, didn't look a natural fit at right back, they knew we were struggling there and prioritised it,he is rapid though and will look a different kettle of fish when he gets his opportunity at CB.

Maybe scouts and managers can see beyond who they play for and pick out what they bring to a game rather than looking how the said team faired. A relegated team does not mean they have 11 bad players
Again, I'm not saying that. I'm saying a team that couldn't defend might not have good defenders.

Who decided this lad can play right back?

Looks like a rabbit in the headlights with the ball.
Looked uncomfortable every time he had the ball at his feet didn’t he, maybe to be expected from a centre back. Right from the get go was a fish out of water. Don’t want to be too harsh on him on his full debut but hope not to see him at right back again.

Not a right back and no help from James (expected) or Mina (not expecting).

I'd move him next to Keane for Newcastle and bring back Kenny.

Not a right back and no help from James (expected) or Mina (not expecting).

I'd move him next to Keane for Newcastle and bring back Kenny.
I wouldn't play him at CB unless someone is injured and we have to. Mina and Keane have got to stay together until Holgate and Branthewaite are fit enough and Godfrey to make a few sub appearances. Need to introduce him slowly to CB rather than put him straight in. His time will come.

I wouldn't play him at CB unless someone is injured and we have to. Mina and Keane have got to stay together until Holgate and Branthewaite are fit enough and Godfrey to make a few sub appearances. Need to introduce him slowly to CB rather than put him straight in. His time will come.

Mina is done for me. He is nowhere near both goals and the backpedaling is shocking. He gets turned so much too.

Godfrey at least went to the ball and won a fair few.

I do like Ben as I think he has more of an upside as a pure defender than Mina.

I think it is a bit of a shame that circumstances have forced him straight into our team at a position he is not comfortable in and to make matters worse, he has James in front of him which leaves him more exposed

Status
Not open for further replies.