Baxter? How did he do?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ghost.

I didn't think Baxter would play this year except in the odd cup match but that was before all of the injuries and non-signings.

If we didn't have the injuries and had signed a few players, I'm confident Baxter wouldn't have been on the bench yesterday.

That said, I think he did very well in time he was in there. Was calm on the ball. He was willing to try and make something happen. He was this close to heading in a great cross.

As someone so rightly said earlier (Dom?), he wasn't awestruck by the occasion.

The boy has a future. Let's just hope it's with us.

Ghost.

I didn't think Baxter would play this year except in the odd cup match but that was before all of the injuries and non-signings.

If we didn't have the injuries and had signed a few players, I'm confident Baxter wouldn't have been on the bench yesterday.

That said, I think he did very well in time he was in there. Was calm on the ball. He was willing to try and make something happen. He was this close to heading in a great cross.

As someone so rightly said earlier (Dom?), he wasn't awestruck by the occasion.

The boy has a future. Let's just hope it's with us.

Well Moyes has already said he is there on merit. He has also got in ahead of Lukas and Agard who are all more senior than him.

I made my judgement on seeing him play for the England U16's.

Well Moyes has already said he is there on merit. He has also got in ahead of Lukas and Agard who are all more senior than him.

I made my judgement on seeing him play for the England U16's.

If Anichebe is back and Vaughan was healthy and we had some new signings, Baxter wouldn't make the bench ahead of them.

Now, due to our current depth predicament, I currently don't see any reason why he wouldn't be on the bench, even when Anichebe and Vaughan are back.

Rodwell played alright for his debut but he gave some shocking passes away though, with a few games under his belt i'm sure he'll go on to do well.

Baxter had 2 chances in the space of 10 minutes, other than the header he missed he also did a nice 1-2 with the Yak to get through on goal as well but they never showed that on match 1st on sky

The header should have been put away, but even the best miss those sorts of opportunities nevermind a 16yr old debutant, so I dont think we should hold that against him. Hes very promising indeed.

If Anichebe is back and Vaughan was healthy and we had some new signings, Baxter wouldn't make the bench ahead of them.

Now, due to our current depth predicament, I currently don't see any reason why he wouldn't be on the bench, even when Anichebe and Vaughan are back.

I think he would. Moyes is not going to select him for the squad if he didn't think he was ready, I don't think he is the one making up the numbers, those on the bench are, but Baxter is there because he's a very good player. Even at that age.

I think he would. Moyes is not going to select him for the squad if he didn't think he was ready, I don't think he is the one making up the numbers, those on the bench are, but Baxter is there because he's a very good player. Even at that age.

Rubbish, he was in the squad because there was no one else

He'll be one some benches and he'll miss out on others. Obviously that's if we get the players we need and boost the numbers.

Moyes has said he will play a part but he will also drop down to the reserves. It's good for his development.

Status
Not open for further replies.