Barry Suspended for Southampton?

Status
Not open for further replies.
See my post above. 4-4-2 with Jelavic coming in, and using two strikers to press higher up the pitch? Wouldn't predict it myself but a possibility?

Anything with that name in it and I'm out.

TBF, I dont think he plays 2 up. At Wigan he had two forwards in a three man strike force, so that'd be the way he'd accommodate both Lukaku and Jelavic (presumably with Jealvic on the left and Mirallas on the other side of Lukaku).

Was thinking something more like a three at the back scenario though.

Could go:

Robles
Stones Jagielka Distin
Coleman Barkley McCarthy Oviedo
Mirallas Lukaku Pienaar
I would go for this, possibly giving Alcaraz a start ahead of Stones. It requires McCarthy to cover a lot of ground defensively, but if we can get on the front foot early, it gives us a lot of attacking options. Oh, and a word to our defence, when you pass back to Robles, can you play it to his right side? His left foot is apparently made of jelly.

TBF, I dont think he plays 2 up. At Wigan he had two forwards in a three man strike force, so that'd be the way he'd accommodate both Lukaku and Jelavic (presumably with Jealvic on the left and Mirallas on the other side of Lukaku).

Martinez has been known to use the 5-3-2 / 3-5-2 formation:
Joel
Stones/Alcaraz Jags Distin
Coleman_______________Oviedo
Barkley McCarthy
Pienaar
Jelavic/Mirallas Lukaku​

Jelavic isn't suited to play on his own. He needs a partnership. I'm not pushing for it, but I do think he would be better suited playing off another striker.

Couldn't stomach Osman at the moment, so I'd go:

Robles
Coleman - Jagielka - Distin - Baines
Barkley - McCarthy
Mirallas - Pienaar - Oviedo
Lukaku​

Status
Not open for further replies.