Barrett-Baxendale: Champions League isn't a dream. I'm planning for it

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you see the bigger picture she should be a great CEO for us. She's done a great job with EITC, and all the work with Goodison that will leave a lasting legacy. No she hasn't headed up a FTSE 100 company, but that's not the reason why people partner with football clubs. They do it because they identify a synergy with their ethos. Barcelona are marketed as "more than a club", and Everton could do the same. If we got a modicum of success, you could ally that with all the great community work we've been doing for years and that would be an attractive proposition for a lot of companies.

Not at all, im not easily offended, its just an observation.

But without even delving deep into the thread i know exactly who it is that seem to question her position at the Club.

He's given a legitimate reason which although I don't agree with I can understand.

Being successful running the clubs charity and expecting to replicate that with a premier league football club could be questioned.

Making sexist accusations like that is bang out of order imo.

It is, mate.

Not gone and attacked anyone over it have i? As i said to Phil, simply an observation made of the posters that seem to be challenging her and theres a constant theme of language used and the type of shabite they chat about the Club.

Significantly less so than Elstone, and Wyness.

I think your belief that the scrutiny of the current Everton CEO is sexist is your own hangup.

As for "Not gone and attacked anyone over it have i?", well you've accused posters who challenge her to be sexist and so yes you have.

I cant see a leopard changing its spots. But if we did get a powerful CEO then yes.

Dave, what do you think a CEO does?

As I said yesterday, under our current set up, the CEO isnt really that important to the business side, shes more or less a glorified HR manager.

As I said yesterday, under our current set up, the CEO isnt really that important to the business side, shes more or less a glorified HR manager.
You need to look at what CEOs do at other clubs, not compare our one with the spare arse parts who have preceded her.

You need to look at what CEOs do at other clubs, not compare our one with the spare arse parts who have preceded her.

Yeah defo wish we had the fella at United, hes doing a GREAT job.

*giggle*

Our whole set up is set up in such a way that everybodys role is diluted in some way, people taking the slack all over the place, shes basically a figurehead.

All I can say mate, is that a good CEO would drive the business forward. This is particularly true of the commercial side of our business where we fall well below where we ought to be. That should be the prime focus of any Everton CEO. Grow commercial revenue. I don't mind DBB but we've not seen much shift in that regards yet, albeit it is early days.

Status
Not open for further replies.