BANNED FROM FINCH FARM

Status
Not open for further replies.
the more i read about this the angrier I'm becoming. I have just cancelled a near 150 quid order of merchandise off everton direct. Sorry dad, it's cds for xmas!! I will not spend a single penny more with the club until AB is back in his rightful place watching the young blues and keeping thousands up to date on the latest news. Despicable behaviour from the morons in charge of OUR club.

Same here, all my family are Blues i normally spend roughly £500 on merchandise via Everton Direct, they won't be getting my money this year.

Hurt them in the pocket.

Some right f**kin idoits at Our club (n)

Alan Ball not the only example of this hard nosed, couldn't give a toss, drunk on power tactics from the club:

Richard Knights, a middle aged primary school teacher and a 50 season veteran has had his season ticket away from him for being opposed to the club's free school plan.

Now that is pretty sinister.

Do you know how the club went about informing him of this? Not doubting your info but it sounds so incredible.

Apologies, I haven't read through every single post, but if anyone hasn't mentioned it yet may I suggest someone contact the media, i.e Echo and some of the national red tops. Anyone up for it?:p

Edit: P.S. Another vote for not buying any official merchandise. Hit them where it hurts the most.;)

The power of the social media is something to be feared indeed,and in the hands of people who care about it,s own and it,s club is not to be messed with in any circumstances. If I was a decision maker right now in the club I would be do everything to put this right.

Given the feedback this issue has generated I would say the fans have a lot of options on the table.

I can only deplore the club's stance in this matter. If I might be so bold as to presume that they are:

a) concerned that (unspecified) persons might have (inappropriate) access to young persons - the club has to act in loco parentis - which may have resulted in a blanket ban (to include you) in conjunction with:

b.) not having adequate control over the content of the reports that might be written on unofficial sites - more specifically those sites where the content is less trustworthy that others (I do know for example of other peripheral members of the club who work with the young players who also report on first team inside information - I guess they have access to information by being in the employment of the club but keep a lot of this information "not for public consumption").

I think the club have a right to allow who they choose into their facilities but the overriding feeling is that you deserve a lot better from the club if they have had to make excuses to keep their business in house. Sorry to hear things have been so badly handled and communicated to you. It's very poor on the part of the club.

Quite right what you are saying TD, but I think that someone such as AB that is so loyal, and probably knows more about the youth players than some of the staff, deserves at least a proper explanation, if it's part of a wider thing and he will eventually be allowed back in then they should've told him so.

Parents are allowed in aren't they ? I'm sure that a great many of them will post things on social networking sites, especially when their kid is the one doing the business. I'm sure many of them will be passing on scraps of nothing as well to appear ITK.

I'll bet as well that there are many parents that have asked how their kid has got on in a game that they couldn't get to as well.

BANNED when I'd have thought he would be a candidate for something to do with the Youth Development.

A bloke travels up to Glasgow and down to London for a Youth Game and nobody from the club feel it fit to see him right with a ticket that costs a couple of quid ?

SHAME ON YOU EVERTON !!

This is a sad day for Everton and a sad loss for GOT.

AB, you have our condolences. It must be like a death in the family to you.

I hope a compromise is forthcoming, although it does sound like all options have been discussed.

I agree that the suggested Echo article might help do the trick in reversing the decision. The risk is it may just back the club into a corner further.

Also everyone contact every fora they are members of, get some wind into this sad story and along with it a boycott of their merchandise.

Enough people boycott buying merchandise directly from them come January they can do a like for like sales compared to last year, hopefully they are down massivley and, some clown losses thier job for it.

I know if i lost my company thousands of pounds through bad decision making i'd be out on my arse, mind you i work for a proper organisation not Billy Smarts circus.

Status
Not open for further replies.