Homepage Update: Baggies eye Big Sam

Status
Not open for further replies.

You think a championship team will pay one of the top ten / fifteen wages in Europe ? Seems unlikely

Sending him to West Brom could save us a significant amount of cash. They won't be able to afford Sam's 100 a week, but maybe they could afford 40 or 50k a week, which would effectively half the amount of compensation that we would have to pay Sam.

A perfect match, a boring manager for a boring club.
They got rid of Pulis, cos they didn't like his style of football.
On radio 5's 606, I remember loads phoning in saying they would rather get relagated and then play good footy in the championship and be entertained.

So they are now relagated, and they are potentially after Sam.
Pulis would probably have kept them up too.

They deserve eachother, these bunch of whoppers.
Adrian Chiles and Frank Skinner loving beauts.

Everything crossed here, doubt he will go to the Championship though.

I feel the same, but imagine if he was effectively able to keep his Everton wage for another year, and he also negotiated himself a nice bonus in the event that West Brom were promoted back to the Premier League after just one season in the Championship. I could see that appealing to Sam!

Sending him to West Brom could save us a significant amount of cash. They won't be able to afford Sam's 100 a week, but maybe they could afford 40 or 50k a week, which would effectively half the amount of compensation that we would have to pay Sam.

Sorry to burst this admittedly nice balloon, (so to speak), but in the richest ever PL era, West Brom have managed to run out money, 6 weeks before the end of the season, and 2/3 months before the Sky cheques gets sent.

Like, seriously. Emergency overdrafts apparently.

Sorry to burst this admittedly nice balloon, (so to speak), but in the richest ever PL era, West Brom have managed to run out money, 6 weeks before the end of the season, and 2/3 months before the Sky cheques gets sent.

Like, seriously. Emergency overdrafts apparently.
Can we have Gaz Baz back for a bit then ?

I'd take that Rondon too..

No real argument with that but that wasn’t the point I was reply to . As regards your point that’d be a scenario that’d suit us but we don’t want be waiting for them to get their act together whilst we deal with our situation. We have to hope we’ve got our contract right this time , not sure how confident I am of that .

Status
Not open for further replies.