BACK TO UMBRO

Status
Not open for further replies.
i do like that 3rd kit, just wish it was blue instead of purple and the badge should have been that colour instead of white imo

i still don't see how we can have blue shorts when it's not part of any of the 3 kits though

i do like that 3rd kit, just wish it was blue instead of purple and the badge should have been that colour instead of white imo

i still don't see how we can have blue shorts when it's not part of any of the 3 kits though

They are the Alternative Home kit shorts, as they have been every season since whenever ? (at least early 80's), show me a game at OT where we havent worn all blue, and there have been plenty of away kits that havent had blue shorts.

They are the Alternative Home kit shorts, as they have been every season since whenever ? (at least early 80's), show me a game at OT where we havent worn all blue, and there have been plenty of away kits that havent had blue shorts.

i've always thought they'de been part of an away or 3rd kit at some time, never given it much thought.

blue shorts and socks with that 3rd kit would have looked boss instead of the purple

i've always thought they'de been part of an away or 3rd kit at some time, never given it much thought.

blue shorts and socks with that 3rd kit would have looked boss instead of the purple

there hasn't always been a 3rd kit though either, in fact it's fairly 'new' in comparison to other things. There was a 3rd kit in 80's that its reckoned was never worn
images

there hasn't always been a 3rd kit though either, in fact it's fairly 'new' in comparison to other things. There was a 3rd kit in 80's that its reckoned was never worn
images

I believe that kit was made to fans only - at the time we kept our home and away kits for 3 seasons running (1986/1989), so probably to offer an opportunity to the supporters to part with some hard earned.

We've worn 3rd kits on many occasions through history, but I believe the first official 3rd kit that was both worn (1 match only) and available to buy to the public was as late as 1993/94 (the white with navy pinstripes).

In 83/85, 85/86, 92/93 and probably earlier we wore "3rd kits" which wasn't produced to sell - I own a few.

Availability of the kits is nothing more than utter GASH!!

Kids infant home kits from all out of stock until 5/9/14
Small Boys Home top out of stock until 5/9/14
Kids infant away kit age 6-7 out of stock until 1/9/14 (not even released yet and out of stock)

My lad is pretty gutted. Thankfully he already has the home kit but had promised him a small boys size top with his favourite player McCarthy on the back as it's 1 letter too long for the infant size. Me mum just went to pre-order the away with Lukaku on the back to find that is out of stock too and will miss release day in his size. Utter turbogash...

WHERE'S THE KIDS KIT MONEY BILL!?!?!

The football world, and I include the kit/merchandise suppliers, just do not appreciate the size of the club and its support base, and unfortunately the club itself does little to disabuse the notion of us being on the same level as the WBAs and Southamptons of this world. Accordingly we get no decent media coverage -- and we get kit suppliers who will not commit to producing large volumes of kit output, across all size ranges in advance. A truly sad situation.

Availability of the kits is nothing more than utter GASH!!

Kids infant home kits from all out of stock until 5/9/14
Small Boys Home top out of stock until 5/9/14
Kids infant away kit age 6-7 out of stock until 1/9/14 (not even released yet and out of stock)

My lad is pretty gutted. Thankfully he already has the home kit but had promised him a small boys size top with his favourite player McCarthy on the back as it's 1 letter too long for the infant size. Me mum just went to pre-order the away with Lukaku on the back to find that is out of stock too and will miss release day in his size. Utter turbogash...

WHERE'S THE KIDS KIT MONEY BILL!?!?!

MB Home and most of the Womens Home are out of stock also. Thanks, Kitbag.

How much do we reckon they cost to make ?

Couple of Quid Tops ?

The refusal to make enough to meet the demand on the basis of cost is PISH imo, They wouldnt be left with that many that it would break them, the last time we had Umbro they dropped 'em to a tenner at Xmas & £7 for the kids, so that just shows how much they make on a shirt.

In fact I'll bet that our Kit Sales Figures are pretty much equal over past seasons, so they know how many they need roughly, but the numbers produced have fallen way short of the mark & the dates given suggest that they are being made to order from pre-sales figures.

The football world, and I include the kit/merchandise suppliers, just do not appreciate the size of the club and its support base, and unfortunately the club itself does little to disabuse the notion of us being on the same level as the WBAs and Southamptons of this world. Accordingly we get no decent media coverage -- and we get kit suppliers who will not commit to producing large volumes of kit output, across all size ranges in advance. A truly sad situation.
This 100%. Told my 4 year old I would get him the home kit upon our return from holiday (we have been away for 2 weeks). Before we went, it said on club website that infant kits would be available 1st August. Find out now you can't get one till 5th September. That is just a joke for a premier league club. I bet I could go to a league 2 club shop and buy a kit, but can't with us. Two sell outs against Chelsea and arsenal coming up yet supporters won't be able to buy a shirt for their children. Remember due to our 'exclusive' deal with kitbag you can't buy it anywhere else. Might be a different manufacturer and IMO better kits, but once again very poor service to the fans.

Status
Not open for further replies.