Away and Third kits 2018/2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just can’t agree, I think it makes us look like we have a bunch of muppets running the commercial part of the club.

Having spent a lot of time in retail support, I’d say it’s much more likely the shop was sent the merchandise in advance and told not to put it on display until X day, when the shirt was unveiled. Then everyone could pop into the shops and the shirts would be available to buy. This shop clearly ignored the instructions.

That third kit will come in handy when we play against all those teams that have black and blue kits.....

Referee kits play a part in what kits teams wear too, say for example against Chelsea and the ref wears black then this kit would be worn instead of the grey/black one

Referee kits play a part in what kits teams wear too, say for example against Chelsea and the ref wears black then this kit would be worn instead of the grey/black one

Tbh I’d be happy to see any occurrence of our away kit or third kit. Anything that keeps us from playing in all blue or in our Chelsea kit is fine by me. We should always wear white shorts with the home kit and if we can’t then we wear the away one.

Having spent a lot of time in retail support, I’d say it’s much more likely the shop was sent the merchandise in advance and told not to put it on display until X day, when the shirt was unveiled. Then everyone could pop into the shops and the shirts would be available to buy. This shop clearly ignored the instructions.

I don’t doubt it, but I would have thought that at the point the goods were dispatched, someone at the club would have realised that it would get leaked at least and would have the presence of mind to announce what the kit will be and when it will be released

Tbh I’d be happy to see any occurrence of our away kit or third kit. Anything that keeps us from playing in all blue or in our Chelsea kit is fine by me. We should always wear white shorts with the home kit and if we can’t then we wear the away one.
Couldn't agree more. Hate the all blue. If we can't wear our home kit for an away match we should always wear our away or 3rd kit.

Drives me batty

The third kit is on sale in sports shops in Florida in the USA, but hasn’t even been officially announced here in the UK.

This is the most “Everton” thing I have seen in quite sometime. This would not happen with any other club. Shambles

I'm still shocked that they have Everton anything in the US at this point, outside of the efforts of Everton USA to be able to sell to members via their site.

So it being in a store in Europe before Everton1 might be the most "Everton" thing in a while, but they do deserve credit for *FINALLY* getting stuff in the US. You know, which they should have done the moment Tim Howard arrived. I can all but guarantee you should this Mina thing go through, I'll have the only Everton shirts in the greater Bogota area for the foreseeable future.

(Side note, on FB seen a lot of Blues getting pissy about that deal because he isn't dying to play for Everton. Newsflash: the club's lack of success over the last couple decades combined with sub-optimal marketing means almost no one down here is even really aware of the club.)

I'm still shocked that they have Everton anything in the US at this point, outside of the efforts of Everton USA to be able to sell to members via their site.

So it being in a store in Europe before Everton1 might be the most "Everton" thing in a while, but they do deserve credit for *FINALLY* getting stuff in the US. You know, which they should have done the moment Tim Howard arrived. I can all but guarantee you should this Mina thing go through, I'll have the only Everton shirts in the greater Bogota area for the foreseeable future.

(Side note, on FB seen a lot of Blues getting pissy about that deal because he isn't dying to play for Everton. Newsflash: the club's lack of success over the last couple decades combined with sub-optimal marketing means almost no one down here is even really aware of the club.)

I think this changed a few seasons ago when Fanatics did a deal with Dicks Sporting goods stores across the US

I think this changed a few seasons ago when Fanatics did a deal with Dicks Sporting goods stores across the US

Conveniently it was after i left for South America... though I did visit a DS and had no luck finding one. Probably very limited supply, but it is a start. Even if was started well after Howard, let alone Donovan, were gone.

I was in Orlando on business last week and had a chance to pop into Disney Springs and the soccer shop there. You’d think if any shop in the USA might have an Everton shirt with all the overseas tourists they get, it would be that one... but no. I could, however, get a Newcastle shirt or a Galatasaray shirt, because sure.

I think EFC USA as a store for US supporters is dead, their selection looks to be old stuff they can't offload. For whatever reason, they seemed to have trouble setting up as a distributor. I'm not versed in that kind of stuff, but either the club's hands were tied (by Kitbag) or they handled it very poorly (or EFC USA handled it poorly), because it definitely looks to have been fumbled at handoff.

Status
Not open for further replies.