Atmosphere at Goodison

Status
Not open for further replies.
To be honest, I was never in doubt that we would go on to win that game. I understand the nerves though due to how close we came last season to wembley.

Could be right there (about us being close last year etc). I was confident before the start but after they equalised I got nervy because we didn't take control like I thought we would. Job done in the end though.

Could be right there (about us being close last year etc). I was confident before the start but after they equalised I got nervy because we didn't take control like I thought we would. Job done in the end though.

That's the main thing mate. Bring on Arsenal...

I can't stand it mate. It looks decent in other countries but just not in England. Singing section please but make them not sing 'Allez Allez Allez oh' constantly.

It's not an "us" and "them" situation though. If you go to home matches on a regular basis then it's down to you.

If you can't make it to Goodison on a regular basis then, fair enough, you still have a viewpoint, but, rightly or wrongly, it has less validity.

I'm not sure what the answer is to this one really, we're getting good attendances this season but the atmosphere's have been very poor. Maybe it's our new, patient and methodical brand of football that leads to a more tame reaction. I've been against this singing section lark really but more and more clubs seems to be doing it as there home atmosphere's deteriorate. Maybe it's a good idea?

I'm not sure what the answer is to this one really, we're getting good attendances this season but the atmosphere's have been very poor. Maybe it's our new, patient and methodical brand of football that leads to a more tame reaction. I've been against this singing section lark really but more and more clubs seems to be doing it as there home atmosphere's deteriorate. Maybe it's a good idea?

I think expectations have changed and people expect a result more than say 10 years ago, this means fans expect to be entertained more

Pre match handshake killed it
Z cars seems low when played
Fans cannot be bothered
A new generation of blues cannot be bothered

I don't see how a singing section is the answer, everyone knows the Gwladys street end is where the singing is yet people don't join in or get motivated.

The atmosphere isn't being killed by the players, it's being killed by the fans.

Pre match handshake killed it
Z cars seems low when played
Fans cannot be bothered
A new generation of blues cannot be bothered

I don't see how a singing section is the answer, everyone knows the Gwladys street end is where the singing is yet people don't join in or get motivated.

The atmosphere isn't being killed by the players, it's being killed by the fans.

I'd argue that it's being killed by money. Not the cost of the ticket, but by the money in the game. It's hard to get excited about something when at the back of your mind you know that if you can't buy success, then you're unlikely to ever get it.

The early kick off never helps, similar thing with Wigan last year.

Goodisons a different animal under the floodlights.

I'd argue that it's being killed by money. Not the cost of the ticket, but by the money in the game. It's hard to get excited about something when at the back of your mind you know that if you can't buy success, then you're unlikely to ever get it.

I dont think you can say that. Chelsea & Liverpool games this year were great atmosphere wise, City last year the same. Personally I think at home the better the opposition the more we raise our game - on and off the pitch.

I would say it plays a factor.

Think about today's game, against a Premiership side. A good side IMO. Why wasn't we making enough noise to spur the players on?
Football is in a bad state, it's on an operating table, barely breathing, waiting on a massive life saving transplant. The doctors look on, bemused with each other without a clue whether it is going to live or die. A rich billionaire opens the doors armed with a brand new scalpel and a fully working heart ready to pump life into this lifeless soul. What lays on the table is history.

Status
Not open for further replies.