At the edge of the precipice

Big Sam or Big Sean, who gets your vote?

• Gravy tits

• Disc beard

• Wait for Roy Hodgson to be available in a fortnight or so.

• Cheese on Egil Olsen

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Lampard is a chancer, nothing about the man suggests he has the nous or know-how to guide us through this fight. An appointment driven by name recognition and the need to rebuild some of the damage done by that absolute travesty of a man, Benitez.

Back before Lampard was appointed, when other candidates were showing up on sky sports news to detail their levels of insanity, I was quietly suggesting that we should hire Sean Dyche. Not only would he have crawled here for a chance to work for a club with a post Neolithic-era fanbase his departure would have weakened one of our main rivals fight to survive the drop.

Also, Dyche coaching our gang over overpaid, spineless mercenaries (and young Gordon) would have been excellent sport.

Now, I read a thread extolling the virtues of Alladyce over Lampard and ask you all to consider. Which of the premier league's Red Adairs gets your call?
Mate literally 90% of our fans were chomping at the bit for Lampard and were about to start riots if Periera was appointed. The board aren't going to sack him and leave a new man with only 10 games to go. And like any manager Lampard needs time. Benitez was afforded too much time hence the mess we're in so Lampard deserves close to the same

Dyche is better than Potterball.

Took a skint Burnley into europe.

Could have done worse - if we went down I would get him in.
That's got to be a future GOT classic debate once Lampard is punted and we're glumly contemplating playing Cardiff away. Dycheball or Potterball. I'd even go as far as using cheese on Foreverblue92 as the third option in a poll ?

Mate literally 90% of our fans were chomping at the bit for Lampard and were about to start riots if Periera was appointed. The board aren't going to sack him and leave a new man with only 10 games to go. And like any manager Lampard needs time. Benitez was afforded too much time hence the mess we're in so Lampard deserves close to the same
I agree you can’t polish a turd. The lads have looked sharp on training but mentality is a different thing. The one thing I will call him on is the insistence of playing Coleman who is struggling and hasn’t been at it for 3 years. It’s tough but he’s paid to make tough decisions.

I agree you can’t polish a turd. The lads have looked sharp on training but mentality is a different thing. The one thing I will call him on is the insistence of playing Coleman who is struggling and hasn’t been at it for 3 years. It’s tough but he’s paid to make tough decisions.
Problem is is that Benitez bought a 19 year old replacement who'd only played the equivalent minutes of 10 games in the Scottish league

Lampard is a chancer, nothing about the man suggests he has the nous or know-how to guide us through this fight. An appointment driven by name recognition and the need to rebuild some of the damage done by that absolute travesty of a man, Benitez.

Back before Lampard was appointed, when other candidates were showing up on sky sports news to detail their levels of insanity, I was quietly suggesting that we should hire Sean Dyche. Not only would he have crawled here for a chance to work for a club with a post Neolithic-era fanbase his departure would have weakened one of our main rivals fight to survive the drop.

Also, Dyche coaching our gang over overpaid, spineless mercenaries (and young Gordon) would have been excellent sport.

Now, I read a thread extolling the virtues of Alladyce over Lampard and ask you all to consider. Which of the premier league's Red Adairs gets your call?
I don't get why the response of so many of our fans to our ineptitude is to pine for something worse.

Is it some kind of deep self-loathing and desire for self-flagellation borne of the city's large Catholic population, or what?

These players are terrible, they lack fight, snide and nous so would be hopeless led by a no-mark dinosaur like Dyche. Even if by some miracle Dyche kept us up, we would continue to be a limited side, diabolical to watch and always flirting with relegation, because that's all he will ever be.

Lampard has displayed some extreme naivety in his time in charge, but he obviously wants to build something and may be capable of doing it. The terrible players we have and the fact that we have him learning on the job may see us down. But, you know what, Benitez was an experienced anti-football manager and was utterly clueless too.

Ancelotti showed his nous in organising this terrible side but still getting some good players into it like James. Neither Dyche nor Benitez think that way.

Status
Not open for further replies.