Match Thread Aston Villa vs Everton - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll...

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
No we are not . Once we settle we won’t be a bad team, and when I say that I don’t think we will be a top half team just before anyone thinks I’m being delusional .

I hope Villa do settle, survive and then build.

But you're in a relegation battle mate, with a dearth of Premier League quality players, so relative to the League it is fair to say your team is poor.

Nah mate, a lot of our fans will say Villa are crap, we're boss, and we'll beat them 3 or 4 nil, then when it's 1 - 1 they'll then say a point away to Villa is a good result.

Funny that, because loads of them will write it off because we can’t win any away games ever, then when we win they’ll tell everyone it doesn’t count because it’s only Villa.

Vs is fine
I've hated that monstrosity ever since I first came across it in premier manager 99. It was V for the English leagues and VS for the Italian. They had this weird Anglo Italian cup competition for italian leagues, and I could never, NEVER win it. I remember how much I used to hate the champions league, because it just got in the way of my quest to win it. And vs just mocked me the whole time. Mocked I tell you. You mark my words, it'll be the ruin of us all if we let it.

You all carry on using it. But I'll be here, lurking in the shadows. Watching..... waiting....

I hope Villa do settle, survive and then build.

But you're in a relegation battle mate, with a dearth of Premier League quality players, so relative to the League it is fair to say your team is poor.
We are desperate for a goal scorer . Defensively we’ve been pretty solid. The area that has let us down is in the middle of the field. We keep giving the ball away in stupid areas which leads to the other team scoring. I actually think we have a decent midfield . Grealish is overrated, but will have his moments. McGinn has been absolutely brilliant . Luiz looks a cracking player. Trezeguet looks like he’s going to be decent. El Ghazi has been crap the last two games, and always blows hot or cold. If we had a goal scorer I’d fancy us to finish closer to mid table than the bottom three .

Great to see Villa back where they belong.I hope we smash them.But other than that, i wish them all the best for the season.Oh and the Villa fans were right, to fire those cabbages at Steve Bruce!But i'll predict a 2-0 win for us.

The sky is the limit for McGinn. I honestly think he wouldnt look out of place in the top sides in the prem. Other than the top 3 from last season I think he could be challenging for a starting place. It’s very rare he has a bad game. He’s a revelation.

I’m absolutely gutted I’m missing this. Friday night under the lights between two of England’s finest clubs. You win and you go top. We are still after our first point , so it’s all to play for. I’ll be walking around The Vatican whilst the game is on.

I’m absolutely gutted I’m missing this. Friday night under the lights between two of England’s finest clubs. You win and you go top. We are still after our first point , so it’s all to play for. I’ll be walking around The Vatican whilst the game is on.

I'll have just landed in Mexico when it kicks off!!

Oh you are in Rome, Italy also. That museum in the Vatican is a rip imo. Be careful about boasting about Rome, Italy around here. I'd be more cautious of that than been a villan. Good luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.