Match Thread Aston Villa v Everton - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Pretty sure our front 3 next week will be Danjuma - Adams - Dobbin. Which doesn’t inspire a lot of confidence tbh.

We’re far from full strength, with players playing out of position, against a side that a) were very good 3/4 of last season b) had something to prove from last week

If everyone was currently fit then at least 8 of those players starting today would have started. Possibly 10 of them.

If everyone was currently fit then at least 8 of those players starting today would have started. Possibly 10 of them.
we would benefit from a couple coming in, like McNeil (hopefully Harrison). Who work a lot harder than some were today, offensively & defensively. Garner did well, but I thought he was a lot narrower drifting centrally and giving Digne a lot of space, again a proper winger out there would stop that. Freeing him to be central again when he plays best. I just don’t think we need to get too worked up, that is a tough fixture for most teams…

Absolutely dire that.
Ripped open far too easy.
Get Branthwaite in and forget about DCL and Keane.
Danjuma Is only other option for goals -with McNeil and Harrison injured

Wow, that was bad! 🤬 Lack of effort to track runners, close down the ball, and support our player in possession were all really alarming. Most of them have no idea what to do with the ball, largely down to the lack of options offered by a team mate. Pass it back and hoof it forward! Onana, just constantly pass it back to the centre back, and don’t track the runners. Doucoure, often seems like a donkey, but now seems to have added laziness to his game! Gana, his only strength is his constant pressing and tackling, what happened to that?! Woeful midfield! IMO Garner has to be given a run in the centre, but we seem stuck on the 3 I mentioned. We were so easy to play through at times it was unbelievable. Big changes are needed, and our options are limited at best. Grim times I’m afraid. I still felt slightly positive after the Fulham game, but now I don’t! Abysmal!

Does anyone actually think Gnonto or Adams can turn this team around?
I don't in the slightest.
McNeil is a big loss and Harrispn will make us better - but if we continue with Gana Onana Doucoure and Iwobi we'll be down by Christmas.
At least 2 need to be replaced - I'd say Garner instead of Onana - and buy a replacement for Gana. Ward-Prowse would have been perfect. Gibb-White even more so. McTominay would walk into this team. We also need a solid CB. Get Maguire in on loan - or just spend what we have on him. 3 years in and we are still picking the same frauds.
Honestly don't pin your hopes on Harrison. He is a hard worker,but he can be totally anonymous in games. I think until Everton like Leeds find a goal scorer you will continue to struggle. The parallels between the clubs are ones of poor recruitment and lack of attraction to the better players .

Status
Not open for further replies.