Match Thread Aston Villa v Everton - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sadly we need 3 teams to be worse than us
One season this isn't going to happen. We have weakened a squad which has survived by the skin of its teeth the last two years. Our defence looks terrible. We've lost coady and mina (for me our best defender), we look lost in midfield and have failed to strengthen up top. Yesterday was a culmination of the utter disgraceful mismanagement of this once great club. We've just been declining year on year.

its so sad now, jus saw Dom's dad share his heartbreak and feelings over the abuse from fans.

villa fans have enjoyed their by now annual screening of a view to a kill. and their band is Duran Duran (thanks Keane and young)

but we will not be broken, or stay down. one win next sat and this place will be bouncing with optimism again

UTFT

I had made up my mind to go across for Bournemouth game but I am now seriously reconsidering it. Not sure I can justify the price of the airfare etc. to watch that.

Oh go the game, C.

You never know what might happen

Imagine you has cancelled a trip to Brighton last May.

You would have been kicking yourself 😊

its so sad now, jus saw Dom's dad share his heartbreak and feelings over the abuse from fans.

villa fans have enjoyed their by now annual screening of a view to a kill. and their band is Duran Duran (thanks Keane and young)

but we will not be broken, or stay down. one win next sat and this place will be bouncing with optimism again

UTFT
The abuse came on social media. Don't go on social media and you will be unaware of social media halfwits.

Villa fan.

Going to try and be as honest as I can.

That was a very weak performance yesterday from your side. You started ok, but once the first goal went in (and tbf it had been coming at that point) there was a really concerning lack of heart from a number of the players almost like they had resigned themselves to it. I thought we looked decent but it's really difficult to judge our performance because it was made too easy for us at times yesterday.

I'll be honest, I've never liked Dyche. He's like a slightly more evolved version of your Allardyce/Pulis kind of manager but I can totally see why you appointed him because frankly, the board don't seem to care about backing him or putting some money on the table to allow him or another manager to put right the things that are wrong so they've gone for the best guy availble who can maybe anti-football out of the situation and to be fair last season it paid off. This season though you, you have lost Coady and Mina and not replaced which has made you miles weaker. Why they didn't sign Coady I'll never know. Keane just can't be trusted, the young kid you've got (Banthwaite?) is not the time and place to be blooding a youngster. The bright side is you only have to be better than 1 other established team because Luton and Sheffield Utd just don't have enough so I think this weeks Wolves game has to be seen in that light...please go and smash them!

Good luck for the rest of the season and try and keep some positivity around the place. It's a long season.

2 games in already looking at the other prediction of the drop. During the Moyes era we'd start of proper meh but I knew we'd kick on eventually. Last few seasons nah.. win Vs wolves it takes the pressure of but need sustainability and this lot just can't do it.

Status
Not open for further replies.