Match Thread Aston Villa v Everton - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Great opportunity to keep it going or see if, as many on here professed, Villa did far better business while we were left in the dust. I think what has me most optimistic about our start is actually our goal differential, we havent just won we have won handily. Even when we have done well in the past it has been squeaking out wins, and good teams put teams away by multiple goals.

Great opportunity to keep it going or see if, as many on here professed, Villa did far better business while we were left in the dust. I think what has me most optimistic about our start is actually our goal differential, we havent just won we have won handily. Even when we have done well in the past it has been squeaking out wins, and good teams put teams away by multiple goals.

TBF (and not having a go at you here) the idea that clubs "do great business" in the transfer market just by buying players is one of the most offensive things that Sky have foisted on football since they started doing live games / making deadline day in to such a farce.

Signing McGinn for what they did was great business, but that only came to light based on what he did there and his value now. Bailey might be great business too, but again that can only be determined based on what he does and what he is sold for.

Probably but it would be ideal game for him to be reintroduced. Likely to be tight so bring him on with 20 to go and he might be the difference. I also think he brings the best out of Richarlison. The other plus is Villa aren't cloggers so he won't get kicked to pieces.
No. But we are ???

Villa are pony. They were with Grealish too.

If this was Everton with DCL to turn to and not having to hand that lot 2 days extra rest and preparation we'd sweep that lot aside

I cant see them getting top half of the table this season. The manager is a clueless drone and they only have Ings who I'd call decent.
Do you not rate McGinn Dave? Last season it was only McGinn and Grealishnwho i would have had from them?

Jesus wept you haven’t won a trophy since before we last won one which was 25 years ago for us. Very similar clubs in many ways. Everton level above Villa....Nonsense .

Status
Not open for further replies.