Match Thread Aston Villa v Everton - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Villa are pony. They were with Grealish too.

If this was Everton with DCL to turn to and not having to hand that lot 2 days extra rest and preparation we'd sweep that lot aside

I cant see them getting top half of the table this season. The manager is a clueless drone and they only have Ings who I'd call decent.

IMG_20210916_075531.jpg

Interesting fact - since Villa have been promoted back to the Premier League under Dean Smith, we've failed to beat them (P4 D2 L2).

Before that, under Roberto Martinez, Bobby seemed to have the measure of what was in that period a poor Villa team in his three seasons at the club - we had a record of P6 W5 L1 against them.

I think you are a bigger club than us but there’s not much in it, so yes pretty same kind of level .

As for the game it’s a really tough one to call. We need the win to kickstart our season. We’ve made an average start which I thought may happen with new signings . I wouldn’t take a draw as we are at home. We’ll attack and you’ll try and hit us on the break. 3.2 Villa , hopefully .
Isn't this the most played fixture in the English top division?

Bring on the Cazoo derby

The opening fixtures we were handed makes me think we've got to win this one - for as well as we've started I think we are still going to struggle to get anything off the likes of City, Liverpool, Chelsea and United - as well as probably having a lot of teams now who we could go either way with like Leicester, Spurs, West Ham.

So with that in mind we really do have to maximise our points before inevitable injuries hit us.

I think we could do with an extra man in midfield against Villa. Bring in Gomes for Godfrey who doesn't look match fit.

Keane and Mina would be given the absolute run around by Watkins/Ings in a back 2.

Think you need Godfrey there with Mina really.

Would put three in midfield whilst DCL is out though I agree

Pickford

Coleman Godfrey Mina Digne

Doucoure Allan Davies

Townsend Richarlison Gray

Would be my team although I think Benitez will go with the same team that started against Burnley to try contain their front 2.

Dont think Benitez likes a 433 really.

Just Watched their highlights with Chelsea.

They way more dangerous on the counter than with the ball in possession.

I reckon Rafael will give them all the ball

Status
Not open for further replies.