Match Thread Aston Villa v Everton - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
It is nonsense. Villa have an at least comparable status and history to us. The one thing that slightly tarnishes it is they do love a relegation. They cannot match the consistency of our only 4 seasons outside the top flight in our history.

Would enjoy giving these a good slapping all over the pitch.
Was hilarious they were getting touted for a big push this season and everyone said they spent their money really well and then they got steamrolled by Watford opening day.

To be fair that was often us in that boat so I'd not laugh at the Villa too much. There are many better teams in the league to poke a stick at!

Would have Davies over Gomes personally - Gomes is decent off the bench when the opposition are tiring in the last 15-20 mins but from the off he gets the run around for me.

Davies looked alright last season tbf to him think its the kind of game we will need three in the middle who can actually tackle and get around the pitch as Villa are quick and can move it around with pace.
Davies is championship standard.. Gomes is better not much better but better.

They're more successful than us like, maybe not as big in terms of following but they are still on our level.
sniff-dogs.gif

To be fair that was often us in that boat so I'd not laugh at the Villa too much. There are many better teams in the league to poke a stick at!
It just winds me up a bit but it’s the usual we’ve seen over the years, clubs saying they’re now better than us because they spent a bit or had one decent season:
West Ham in the Payet season
Wolves after finishing seventh
Leeds because their manager lays an egg and their players run around a lot
Newcastle because they were getting bought out (lol)
Southampton for god knows why
Swansea for one good season
Bloody Sheffield United too season before last though their fans just enjoyed the ride to be fair

I feel like we’re due a season back above everyone and challenging the best six for those European places and I also feel like it’s a sad indication of where we’re at that that sound exciting.

Pickford
Coleman Mina Godfrey Digne
Allan
Doucoure Gomes
Townsend Richarlison Gray
Solid outfit but not massively effective going forward without our main source of goals. Hoping we can nick it on the counter! Still crying out for a new right hand side like.

Jesus wept you haven’t won a trophy since before we last won one which was 25 years ago for us. Very similar clubs in many ways. Everton level above Villa....Nonsense .

Whilst not here to argue the toss, no Evertonian worth their salt would deny we've had a lean quarter of a century, and more. But Villa have one league title in over 100 years. (7 overall). Doesn't sound quite as similar to us when you look at it that way. Before you get it in yes we haven't won the EC. Or the league cup!

Pickford
Coleman Mina Godfrey Digne
Allan
Doucoure Gomes
Townsend Richarlison Gray
Solid outfit but not massively effective going forward without our main source of goals. Hoping we can nick it on the counter! Still crying out for a new right hand side like.
Our main source of goals is on the left wing mate, 3 open play goals in 4 premier league matches!
The way we’re playing I can see Gray, Townsend and Doucoure getting seven or eight each over the course of the season and hopefully being outscored by Dom and Richy. A huge improvement on recent midfield contributions.

After reading the comments I had to double check the fixtures to make sure we weren’t playing Athletico Madrid.
We should be confident we can beat Villa, not saying we’ll settle for a draw...until this inferiority complex and losers mentality is shifted throughout the Club we simply won’t move forwards.

Status
Not open for further replies.