Match Thread Aston Villa v Everton - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I do wonder now are we better with out the frozen food store in midfield, was he slowing us down? Its possible his lose might benefit us
How many times last season during the ingame comments on here did i read that we'd be better with 10 men if he went off....quite a few

I was listening to Gary Neville talk after Monday’s game and he said every time Everton have the opportunity to stand up and put in a performance to show we are the real deal we always disappoint and he’s absolutely right in recent years.
I remember recently we had a chance to go top early in the season against Villa on a night game and got done 2-0 and looked crap.

Imagine if a revitalised Palace get a point off the RS in their 1500 kick off… would you back us to do the business and set the pace for Chelsea and United the following day?

Villa actually looked really dangerous from corners at the weekend.
Good delivery and their centre halves winning the headers.
That is a real concern for me.
Villa are dangerous from set pieces but we just beat Burnley who’s whole game revolves around set pieces with Mina being mostly dominant.
I think they’ll score, maybe even two, but I back out counter attack to outscore them tbh.

I despise Villa almost as much as I do Liverpool.

A club that thinks it's on the same level as Everton...and some of the Brummie bellends think them to be superior.
I think you are a bigger club than us but there’s not much in it, so yes pretty same kind of level .

As for the game it’s a really tough one to call. We need the win to kickstart our season. We’ve made an average start which I thought may happen with new signings . I wouldn’t take a draw as we are at home. We’ll attack and you’ll try and hit us on the break. 3.2 Villa , hopefully .

I think you are a bigger club than us but there’s not much in it, so yes pretty same kind of level .

As for the game it’s a really tough one to call. We need the win to kickstart our season. We’ve made an average start which I thought may happen with new signings . I wouldn’t take a draw as we are at home. We’ll attack and you’ll try and hit us on the break. 3.2 Villa , hopefully .

We made our worst start after bringing in too many players, not saying any of your players brought in wont go on to do great things

but too much change can be a bad thing? think you suffering from that? or mainly key injuries?

We made our worst start after bringing in too many players, not saying any of your players brought in wont go on to do great things

but too much change can be a bad thing? think you suffering from that? or mainly key injuries?
Definitely, it’s happened with us in recent seasons where we’ve brought in too many players. It takes time to settle. Injuries and Grealish leaving also having an impact .

Status
Not open for further replies.