Match Thread Aston Villa v Everton - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
He needs an eye on QPR as that wont be an easy game, good championship side

With DCL injured we need to focus on the league.

We cant keep going around in circles chasing our tail we need to get back into europe which means going full throttle for the European spots.

For QPR I would go something like:

Begovic
Kenny Keane Holgate Godfrey
Gbamin Gomes Davies
Iwobi James Gordon

Good enough to beat QPR's 2nd string side.

Last edited:
With DCL injured im honestly not arsed about the cup tbh - we know we aint good enough squad depth wise to go all the way this season so the league is vital for me.

We cant keep going around in circles chasing our tail we need to get back into europe which means full throttle for the European spots this season.
But getting into Europe should really take care of itself, but if not for some reason such as squad depth its not that big a deal compared to having another trophyless season.
However we have our opinions but what do you think Rafael will think? I honestl think he will think the same way as i do and go all out for the cup, if he gets us into Europe its not a big deal for him but imageing if he won something with Everton? For us it would be massive and for him too.

But getting into Europe should really take care of itself, but if not for some reason such as squad depth its not that big a deal compared to having another trophyless season.
However we have our opinions but what do you think Rafael will think? I honestl think he will think the same way as i do and go all out for the cup, if he gets us into Europe its not a big deal for him but imageing if he won something with Everton? For us it would be massive and for him too.

For me mate I think he'll play a weakened team in the cup and rightfully so imo

Dont think he'll throw the tie but I'll be shocked if the likes of Richarlison, Doucoure, Allan, Digne, Gray, Coleman etc start the game.

I predicted Fantail Breeze ‘s Everton team to beat Burnley 3-1...but I have a feeling Villa, at home, will win this 2-1. Ings is nailed on to score

I was actually really impressed with Villa against Chelsea, they lost 3-0 but that was due to Lukaku’s class. Villa pressed really aggressively and should have scored if not for an unbelievable performance by Thiago Silva. This will be a big test for us but we’re more than capable of winning this with Allan and Doucs bossing the middle. Hard not to back us after recent results though and I’m optimistic :D

Some right pessimistic views here. I can't see anything other than another win.
Benitez is learning what to do and what not to do. The 5 at the back won't show it's
face again hopefully. We will miss DCL but goals are flowing. This is a real team developing
now get on board with it.

Same starting 11, in fact the 5 at the back away at Villa might be better, same 11 then blast them in the second half.

A nice win followed by a fun Sunday laughing at people trying to find stuff to moan about
You want to start the team that made burnley look like Barca? And not the team that finished with a win and playing boss footy?

Keane out for gomes/gbamin, someone who frees Allan and doucoure up a bit more.

We don't have fast wing backs to play 5 at the back which is essential

You want to start the team that made burnley look like Barca? And not the team that finished with a win and playing boss footy?

Keane out for gomes/gbamin, someone who frees Allan and doucoure up a bit more.

We don't have fast wing backs to play 5 at the back which is essential
Yep, he got it spot on last night and i fully expect him to get it right again on Saturday

I would gladly take a draw right now, Villa really impressed me against Chelsea.

Back 4 with Godfrey missing out, he lacks match sharpness, I'd wait until the cup game for him to start.

Status
Not open for further replies.