Match Thread Aston Villa v Everton - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just got back, thought we competed well for an hour and the game turned on the foul not being given on Gray and them scoring shortly after, it doesn't help when they are able to bring on quality like Bailey while our bench is a bunch of journeyman and kids, the lack of squad depth is deffo going to cost us this season.

It was two teams from a big block that can all beat one another on any given day, depending on injuries, form, luck, etc. As we saw with Southampton and Burnley, and again this afternoon, these are teams that don't want to know once they go behind away from home, which is why none of them ever have anything to play for come the business end of the season.

I think he needs to come up with an alternative way of playing at times where we're likely to be out of possession more often than not, as this system asks an awful lot of the midfield two. Maybe we'll see five at the back again, except this time not in a winnable home game.

Still outside villa on one of the coaches.

Absolutely embarresed by some of our 'fans' antics today.

It wasn't the police or stewards but people acting the dog turd, I stopped caring about the game at 0-0, there was more beak in that away section than a columbian brothel.
50 and 60+ year old bouncing round like billy-big-balls creating mayhem all game alongside teenagers off their tits shouting wham.
Utter disgrace

Was sat in the upper by the barrier to their fans. When the 2nd went in a water bottle went over my head and into the home section, caused some absolute fume on their side. Had my old fella with me and could’ve done without it like ?

NEA.

The manner of defeat was bad, but if Grey had scored then Benitez would have been lauded as being a genius. Those margins matter but shouldn't dictate how I feel after an otherwise great start to the season.

Just home from the game. What a thoroughly unenjoyable away day that was.

From the announcement of a load of key players surprisingly out, and the fact that Benitez decided an empty subs seat was a better option than James, to the crap performance, crap tactics and crap subs.

Begovic was poor other than a decent save early on, Rondon offered nothing and showed how important DCL is to us upfront, and Richarlison’s enthusiasm and running left a big hole. The fact that Benitez thought JJK was a better option than Simms when we were chasing the game was bizarre.

On the plus side though, the traffic home wasn’t as bad as expected so I’m now enjoying last night’s left over pizza half an hour earlier than I thought I would be. So every cloud.

Status
Not open for further replies.