Match Thread Aston Villa v Everton - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
They didn’t have 2 concussion though

I'm not sure what happened then mate. This seems to explain it better, but not sure if it clears up your point.

This game doesn’t show where we are. Having 4 off your starting 11 out, and all be it your best players. That effects every team in the league even the best teams. The way we just drop are heads is unacceptable. Was always going to be a big ask tonight. And we had chances didn’t take them. That’s football. Next week at home to Norwich no points all season that’s another test. We know what everton like to do. Possibly no Richie and definitely no dcl. Can we see this team turn it around.
Actually given the squad size, it shows exactly where we are.

Almost like peolpe are expecting the same group of players to suddenly be superheros???

I'm not expecting them to all of a sudden become superheroes, far from it. But people shouldn't come out after comebacks against Southampton and Burnley and say Benitez has fixed the mentality of our players when it's obvious he hasn't.

Last edited:
I can only say, "how Everton was that". Two players scoring their first goals for their team, score against us. We didn't have that bit of luck that would have given Gray the first goal. Once we allowed them in to score a soft goal, followed quickly by a stupid own goal from a corner and a stupid third that was it, goodnight.

For me Yerry Mina our MoM.

It was a bad result. It WAS a bad result.

The players missing I mean we were up against it before the match started.

Villa did what we did to Burnley. When you're on top go for the jugular. They're not a bad team. Not as good as us but not a bad team.

Norwich at home big game. With United away after that.

Pissed off as I am it's a hiccup. At least we didn't concede 7! Or 6 like 89. Still remember that.

Still outside villa on one of the coaches.

Absolutely embarresed by some of our 'fans' antics today.

It wasn't the police or stewards but people acting the dog turd, I stopped caring about the game at 0-0, there was more beak in that away section than a columbian brothel.
50 and 60+ year old bouncing round like billy-big-balls creating mayhem all game alongside teenagers off their tits shouting wham.
Utter disgrace

Status
Not open for further replies.