Match Thread Aston Villa v Everton - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Grey so far has been our best player as he was today. Mina was good thought he could of got closer to cash for their first goal though

Why do we always seem to be the team for debutants / unusual goal scorers to bag one against.
that cash prob won’t score another all season after today.
Bailey will no doubt score more but even him not scoring again would be Everton that.
We say this bcause we feel hard done by it but reality is it will happen to loads of clubs.

Good finish for the lad to be fair. At least it wasn't a scruffy deflection.

We have our starters and this is probably a win. Our lack of end product came to bite us in the arse as Villa gained confidence. They weren’t the least bit scared of Rondon and Iwobi. Hopefully everybody gets back ASAP or we are screwed (Or Rafael needs a plan C).

Everton manager Rafael Benitez tells BBC MOTD

I think that we started the game quite well, we had a lot of situations on the counter in the first half and the final decision was not right. We had a couple of chances in the second half then conceded and again soon after. We started with too many problems but the team was fighting well.

"Sometimes if you have players you can makes situations and have fresh legs. In some positions we were short of legs.

"Salomon Rondon, Demarai Gray, Alex Iwobi, we had some situations where it could have been different.

"We made mistakes too soon, too early, too close and it as difficult to react. Hopefully we can manage that in the future."

On when Jordan Pickford, Richarlison and Seamus Coleman will return: "At least one or two weeks minimum, we have to see."

To sum up

People just have perspective. We're a bit crap these days but we've started the season well, 3 wins, a draw and a loss. Could have been four wins with a little more quality against Leeds. No need to kneejerk, cry or bed wet.

As someone who lives and breathes Everton, ive broken many a mobile, computer screen, mice, keyboard, ripped tops in anger at Everton letting me down. Believe me when I say Everton isn't everything and we're doing ok. We'd all love to be top of the league smashing teams left right and centre but we aren't city, we dont have superstars all over the pitch and tonight we were missing 4 key players. (5 if you include James)... It happens. Sometimes Benitez will get it wrong and he'll get dogs abuse (which is fine by me, not a fan), sometimes he'll get it right and still get dogs abuse (not so fine). Not sure tonight was on him really with the players losing the plot in a 10min period. Can't complain, we had the same thing go in our favour just 5 days ago...

Enjoy your evening, remember we are fifth, had a good start, teams like Spurs, West Ham, Leicester may tire later int eh season with Europa League action.

Would most of us not taken 10 points from 15 a few weeks ago??
Absolutely spot on. Really wasn't expecting to see many sensible posts on here tonight.
This would have definitely earned positive rep from me.
Take a bow.

Everton manager Rafael Benitez tells BBC MOTD

I think that we started the game quite well, we had a lot of situations on the counter in the first half and the final decision was not right. We had a couple of chances in the second half then conceded and again soon after. We started with too many problems but the team was fighting well.

"Sometimes if you have players you can makes situations and have fresh legs. In some positions we were short of legs.

"Salomon Rondon, Demarai Gray, Alex Iwobi, we had some situations where it could have been different.

"We made mistakes too soon, too early, too close and it as difficult to react. Hopefully we can manage that in the future."

On when Jordan Pickford, Richarlison and Seamus Coleman will return: "At least one or two weeks minimum, we have to see."

Dust off your boots lads, try-outs are starting from Monday

Just a bad 45 minutes. How we bounce back is more important now. Came back from being behind twice to win at home which we rarely did before, now we need to learn how to leave a defeat behind us rather than dwell on it. Cup win vs QPR and a bouncing Goodison again on Saturday for another 3 points. COYB!

Think if Pickford plays, he saves two of them. Ref again, how is that not a red and what happened to VAR? Was happy McGin took a smack to the face though, deserved that for some time. Not sure who did him, but might sway my MOTM vote. Surely its not right to make a concussion sub after the player stays on the pitch for 30mins.

Status
Not open for further replies.