Match Thread Aston Villa v Everton - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
[Poor language removed] off why do we stand and watch Bailey and never get him after 2 years, [Poor language removed] club, owners don’t know how to run it [Poor language removed] off moshiri, [Poor language removed] off everyone, get this club in liquidation, wait it nearly already is, iwobi [Poor language removed] off I shouldn’t be here
You are very lucky it was @RAFUH who warned you. only 5 points, I'd have given you 25 !!!
Wash your potty mouth out !!!!

1: Gray was through and was fouled (not given).

2: Gray missed when you'd expect him to score (based on last few games)

3: We dont have a RB and they do

4: Lots of injuries

5: Salmon Condom and Iwobi

6: 50p head Keane missed 2 headers

7: Leon Bailey looked like a left sided Kanchelskis.

Mina MOTM
8. 5 mins after Gray was fouled when clean through Mings was high late and reckless with a studs up challenge that made heavy contact with Townsend and didn't even get booked ala Tarkovski.

The injury situation is really concerning.

It seems to take a massive toll on us each season. How have w3 managed to have four first team players out and James not even making the bench?

That is five proper firs5 team players missing. Hard for any team to cope with that. But this is what killed last season. It’s biting early this season.

Lots of negativity following the match. Understandable but it was going to be tough getting anything away at Villa even before all the injuries were factored in. Onwards and upwards ;)

There was no leadership on the field today. It was clearly lacking.

Also, Rodriguez doesn't make the bench but Gomes does and becomes the first sub of the game? He is absolutely useless.

The injury situation is really concerning.

It seems to take a massive toll on us each season. How have w3 managed to have four first team players out and James not even making the bench?

That is five proper firs5 team players missing. Hard for any team to cope with that. But this is what killed last season. It’s biting early this season.
We probably need to be asking why and how we just lost 4 players in a couple of days too.

Obviously lots going on right now but something aint right there.

…in a way Villa did to us what we did to Burnley, burned us away in a short spell.

Thought Mina, Doucoure and Gray came out of the game well. Went for Doucoure given his consistency over 90mins.

and burnely left us injury ridden, and they had some bad ones too

To sum up

People just have perspective. We're a bit crap these days but we've started the season well, 3 wins, a draw and a loss. Could have been four wins with a little more quality against Leeds. No need to kneejerk, cry or bed wet.

As someone who lives and breathes Everton, ive broken many a mobile, computer screen, mice, keyboard, ripped tops in anger at Everton letting me down. Believe me when I say Everton isn't everything and we're doing ok. We'd all love to be top of the league smashing teams left right and centre but we aren't city, we dont have superstars all over the pitch and tonight we were missing 4 key players. (5 if you include James)... It happens. Sometimes Benitez will get it wrong and he'll get dogs abuse (which is fine by me, not a fan), sometimes he'll get it right and still get dogs abuse (not so fine). Not sure tonight was on him really with the players losing the plot in a 10min period. Can't complain, we had the same thing go in our favour just 5 days ago...

Enjoy your evening, remember we are fifth, had a good start, teams like Spurs, West Ham, Leicester may tire later int eh season with Europa League action.

Would most of us not taken 10 points from 15 a few weeks ago??

Why do we always seem to be the team for debutants / unusual goal scorers to bag one against.
that cash prob won’t score another all season after today.
Bailey will no doubt score more but even him not scoring again would be Everton that.

im not too fussed because of a lot of factors, their second goal was a massive mistake from us, their third was due to us throwing caution to the wind, lots of injuries, horrible backups

but i must say, im really pissd of at the lack of desire and intensity of the players, thats what irritates me, after thm going on and on about it in the clubs media.

were we played off the park? nope, not at all. but defiantly deserved to lose, mostly through our own doing, not being cut open

Status
Not open for further replies.