Match Thread Aston Villa v Everton - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
NEA.

The manner of defeat was bad, but if Grey had scored then Benitez would have been lauded as being a genius. Those margins matter but shouldn't dictate how I feel after an otherwise great start to the season.
Unless we start to find more consistent quality most of our games will resemble this one and Burnley. Tight games where a few moments of quality one way or another tilt it. That's fine with me so long as we're getting into dangerous areas often enough that it looks like we could win it every time. So far that has been the case.

Back to reality. Beaten by a team with utter yard dogs like Tyrone mings.

bet brands was watching at home in his mansion as we bring on Kenny and Davies. Gomes to jog around a bit and look pretty.

terrible performance from Digne. Half asleep for entire game.

Thought we did okay for the first hour, but Villa had more depth than us and a bit of quality

our defending (and attacking) from set pieces is absolutely dreadful though, properly worrying

Unless we start to find more consistent quality most of our games will resemble this one and Burnley. Tight games where a few moments of quality one way or another tilt it. That's fine with me so long as we're getting into dangerous areas often enough that it looks like we could win it every time. So far that has been the case.
People got carried away

Brighton and Leeds we played well, defensive mistakes aside in the latter

Our home games were based on 5/10-minute spells going our way. And today, villa did that to us

Mirror opposite of Monday night.
Good performance for an hour then quickly concede 3 goals in a few minutes.
Our team/squad is a decent mid-table (9th-12th) side, which is where I would expect us to end up at the end of the season.
Above this would be a success, below it a failure.
Still far too early to tell.

All the Ians who support Everton (i.e. Evertonians) are not fickle by nature...but this manager has now been shown to be wanting.

Benitez out!!

Who would I like to see at Finch Farm on Monday?...Vitor Pereira!!

Make it happen, Mosh-man!!!

NSNO

We desperately missed our three best players at Villa Park and we were desperately unlucky with the Digne own goal. A bad day at the office but definitely not a portent of things to come. We will bounce back from this defeat.

I was actually at Villa Park last night (Holte End) because my son lives in Birmingham and I was so impressed by the atmosphere. The Villa fans got behind their players from the first whistle to the last. They were every bit the proverbial 12th man.

You mean Digne, and Mina shouldn’t have turned his back on the shot

No, I mean Keane.

Not so. I think Zatara is right, Keane was in no man's land for the first goal which left Mina exposed. However, I don't think it's all his fault. Obviously he was given the task to follow Watkins everywhere he goes which made him look ridiculous in some episodes of the game. Baffling that from Benitez.

Oh I know mate but Mina was very slow to react as he approached the edge of the box to let fly

Anyone can blame the obvious which was that Digne got beaten by Cash.

Where was Keane covering? Oh thats right, hed decided to waddle off.

Players will get beaten but with support on the cover Cash wouldnt and shouldnt have got a shot off

it is absolutely criminal that we are 5 games into the season and are fielding a team without a recognised right back and playing without a recognised striker . We had dlc, Richy and Colman injured and out squad is so thin that we had half our team playing out of position.

People got carried away

Brighton and Leeds we played well, defensive mistakes aside in the latter

Our home games were based on 5/10-minute spells going our way. And today, villa did that to us
Agreed, but playing well in those was also down to in large part having penalties and we won't have one every time out. So that's for me the difference in attack to a game like today. We'll need a bit extra quality.

No, I mean Keane.

Anyone can blame the obvious which was that Digne got beaten by Cash.

Where was Keane covering? Oh thats right, hed decided to waddle off.

Players will get beaten but with support on the cover Cash wouldnt and shouldnt have got a shot off
There's a reason why people blame the obvious...

Also, you have an agenda against the "Oaf". I guarantee if this was the other way round you'd be blaming Keane and and wouldn't mention Digne at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.