Aston Villa 1-3 Everton. 25th August @ 15.00.

Status
Not open for further replies.
That was a fantastic first half. We totally controlled a poor Villa. Our passing was to quick for them to come in to the game. Glad jelavic got off the Mark, seemed some counters recently. I was surprised Moyes went for attacking substitutions and you could see it left gaps, but when your 3-0 up he can't be criticised for trying to get a few more in the onion net.

Onwards and upwards. Coyb.

Impressive day today for Everton.

Standouts for me included Distin, Fellaini, Pienaar, and Jelavic.

Naismith looks quality but just didn't seem to get into this one. His day is coming. Also loved looking at what was, once again, a fairly strong bench.

Good times to be an Everton supporter right now.

Villa might have a bit of trouble this season which is too bad. I'd rather see other clubs go down rather than them. Hopefully they'll pull themselves out of this as it's still very early.

Good stuff, just got back from the game actually, I cannot believe that was Aston Villa, what has happened to them? Always used to give us a game, but they just rolled over and were ****, genuinely sad to see them like that, but ecstatic with the result!

Impressive day today for Everton.

Standouts for me included Distin, Fellaini, Pienaar, and Jelavic.

Naismith looks quality but just didn't seem to get into this one. His day is coming. Also loved looking at what was, once again, a fairly strong bench.

Good times to be an Everton supporter right now.

Villa might have a bit of trouble this season which is too bad. I'd rather see other clubs go down rather than them. Hopefully they'll pull themselves out of this as it's still very early.

I thought he did well....really puts an effort in, nice touches and good runs. Unlucky not to score too. He's like a cross between pienaar (good touch, good movement and vision) and cahill (puts his foot in and battles)

Am loving this season already,,,,I wasn't thinking that a week ago with these 2 fixtures coming up

Well that was a bloody good first half of footy.

Total Football. Interchanging positions. Give and Go. Dictating play. We never got out third gear, put three away and put some excellent moves together. Not a bad player on the pitch for us I thought. Naismith and Ossie drifted out of the game late, but Pienaar, Baines, Jela and Distan putting in another top shift.

Villa will go down with those players, and we really should have got a couple more. Disappointed we couldn't keep a clean sheet as Howard and Baines are my Fantasy side.

We still play two completely different halves of footy though, which is still a worry, but more down to Fitness Levels I'd say. They should have had another, and there was no reason for Mirallas to be off when that cross came through. Still, he'll take a while to gel into this side into our attacking front four.

Did anyone else think Coleman on on 60 minutes killed the momentum of the game? I was expecting Mirallas for Naismith and it kind of went really flat from that moment.

Status
Not open for further replies.