Aston Villa 1-3 Everton. 25th August @ 15.00.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Howard had one thing to do and couldn't do it right. What is it with him and long shots?

Also would have liked to have seen Barkley come on when we were 3-0 up with half an hour to play. Let the kid come in at a time when the pressure is off. At first I thought Moyes was trying to hold onto our momentum, but then he took Gibbo off for Miralles (I would have thought a rest for Pienaar a better choice, perhaps).

Overall we played like 1970 Brazil in the first half, and 2012 Engurland in the second. Both the best and worst of today was that we should have put away 5 or 6.

Well that was a bloody good first half of footy.

Total Football. Interchanging positions. Give and Go. Dictating play. We never got out third gear, put three away and put some excellent moves together. Not a bad player on the pitch for us I thought. Naismith and Ossie drifted out of the game late, but Pienaar, Baines, Jela and Distan putting in another top shift.

Villa will go down with those players, and we really should have got a couple more. Disappointed we couldn't keep a clean sheet as Howard and Baines are my Fantasy side.

We still play two completely different halves of footy though, which is still a worry, but more down to Fitness Levels I'd say. They should have had another, and there was no reason for Mirallas to be off when that cross came through. Still, he'll take a while to gel into this side into our attacking front four.

Did anyone else think Coleman on on 60 minutes killed the momentum of the game? I was expecting Mirallas for Naismith and it kind of went really flat from that moment.

Gibson coming off - Everton lost their shape.

When I am quite drunk, I will sometimes stuff a wad of money into my dog's mouth. I hook the keys to my truck into his collar, and I tell him: “Get in the truck, go
to Pat's Liquor and buy a 12 pack of Coors. Coors, not Budweiser. Don't let the clerk short
change you. If you have change enough, pick yourself up some sort of beef treat. Then drive
back here, boy, and bring me my beer. Obey all traffic laws so you don't get stopped by the
police. Okay, boy, go!â€￾ I tell you this because I believe I look less foolish waiting to hear my truck
start up after the dog has left the house, than Ferguson does waiting for his moves to pay off.

Seen the highlights on MoTD. Pretty good. Baines assist for Jelavic was really good, when he looked up Jelavic was still in the middle of the six yard box, yet he cut it to the perfect place for his run. Distion was very unlucky, towering header. Lovely pass by Osman to Naismith for the first aswell, made the goal.

It's time Moyes gave Neville the tap on the shoulder. Was ver poor in a very good team. There are much better right backs avaibale on free. Time to move on.

Great game today, and I'm loving the 6 points, and the goal scoring prowess. We moved the ball beautifully today. Just beautifully.

I'm starting to rethink my opinion about Fellaini and where he should be playing. As long as he's playing like he is right now, he stays!!!

Also LOVED the interchanging between Osman, Pienaar and Naismith. That is absolutely what those players give us and it was great to see. Good teams do this and keep the ball moving and confound defenses. We were that good team today.

Jags had a solid game.
Distin got beat a few times, but 1 goal in, okay. Plus, had a header go off the bar.
Howard had nothing to do until the one shot.
Neville was solid in the back, though provided pretty much nada going forward.
Baines was his lovely self.

Gibson was awesome. Losing him meant suddenly Villa had opportunities as he wasn't playing his screener role. He is so good at playing the simple pass and sometimes the lovely pass. He doesn't complicate matters and I enjoy that about him.
Pienaar was his creative self. And his shot was awesome. Plus, he had some decent pace today.
Jelavic - loved the instinctive goal.
Naismith impressed me. His off the ball movement was solid, and his defensive pressure was too. Hope to God he stays healthy.
Osman was consistent. Didn't see too much brilliance there today, but no major errors either.
Fellaini is one confident mofo.
Too soon to judge on Mirallas.
Oh, and Coleman put in a couple of decent crosses!

Great team performance (minus the last 10 minutes where we lost shape and took our foot off the pedal and nearly let a 10 man Villa back in). Moyes needs to talk to the team about closing out the game.

Get in a couple more players for depth...this team is starting to make my heart palpitate!

Just been reading the 'what the papers say' on the OS,

Daily mirror wrote-

The Toffees had won only once at Villa Park — in 2005 — in the Premier League era but never looked back once Pienaar accepted a simple pass from James McFadden to fire home from 20 yards. By the time Fellaini rose *unmarked to head home a centre from Phil Jagielka — so untroubled by Bent he could put in a stint as a right winger — Jelavic had already missed a handful of chances for more.

I can't tell you how much this lazy journalism pisses me off.

Honestly, it shows how much these journos know/care about Everton, when they can't even be bothered to know who plays for us.

Status
Not open for further replies.