Aston Villa 1-3 Everton. 25th August @ 15.00.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: the Sunday Mirror.

Something else I just noticed - how the hell has Johnny Heitinga been named in the 'Premiership Team of the Week'?

He came on as a 90th minute sub vs Man Utd, and an 87th minute sub vs Villa yesterday?!!!

The Sunday Mirror is such a joke of a newspaper.

Re: the Sunday Mirror.

Something else I just noticed - how the hell has Johnny Heitinga been named in the 'Premiership Team of the Week'?

He came on as a 90th minute sub vs Man Utd, and an 87th minute sub vs Villa yesterday?!!!

The Sunday Mirror is such a joke of a newspaper.

haha, brilliant. must mean jags. of course games consisting of the "big guns" are the only games that count. seeing as jags had virtually sweet FA to do in the villa match

The boys are playing beautiful footy, every bit as beautiful as any team out there. They are a joy to watch.

It's been a while since we've started this nicely. The team needs to continue to take it one game at a time, don't look ahead to what might be and just focus on each game.

Hopefully we can add some quality depth to the squad before the window closes. If so, there is no limit to what the team can accomplish. Fun, fun, fun.

Howard had one thing to do and couldn't do it right. What is it with him and long shots?

Also would have liked to have seen Barkley come on when we were 3-0 up with half an hour to play. Let the kid come in at a time when the pressure is off. At first I thought Moyes was trying to hold onto our momentum, but then he took Gibbo off for Miralles (I would have thought a rest for Pienaar a better choice, perhaps).

Overall we played like 1970 Brazil in the first half, and 2012 Engurland in the second. Both the best and worst of today was that we should have put away 5 or 6.

you watched a different second half to me. the late subs changed the game slightly but our footy was still good and we looked like scoring everytime we attacked

Still buzzing!

Great performance blues. Pienaar, Fellaini, Baines... Majestic. Gibson had a great game too and I liked the look of Naismith and Mirallas.

So glad we won. Needed something to to counter my depression today after sunday at creamfields was rained off :'( koff great british weather.

Luckily got back just in time to catch us on the MOTD re-run. Chances galore and some great football. SO happy we've finally turned up there and spanked them properly. Wish we could have done it when MON was in charge and they were decent, like but still, absolutely made up.

We really could've had 5 or 6 with a bit more luck. Once AV went down to ten men you could feel us let up, though, almost out of pity. The key will be finding a way to keep health and spirits up. I think Neville is important to get on the field for that reason alone.

We are blessed with a bunch of interesting offensive players - Pienaar, Jelavic, Fellani, Naismith, and now Mirellas, who I think will be a total stud. Goals should not be an issue with this bunch.

i would like to go see us play leyton orient as its the day after my birthday but i dont get paid till the day after :(

parents gone to malaysia on holiday, in the house alone, and had to scrounge a tenner of my mate so i can buy a train ticket cos he wants to go see matthew street festival.

Gibson coming off - Everton lost their shape.

Agreed. I guess Moyes just doesn't see Coleman at RB because Coleman to RB and Neville into Gibson's spot (which I know riles people up) would have kept the same basic shape. Regardless not a big deal and teams (even elite teams) tend to take their foot off the pedal when they are 3-0 up playing against ten men.

When we play football like this (aside from it being super fun to watch) it's hard to think of reasons why we can't challenge for a Cup or the CL spots.

Amazing what not selling any key players and getting some new players into the squad can do for morale isn't it?

Status
Not open for further replies.