2022/23 Asmir Begovic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Seems like I'm on my own here but he worries me, absolutely respect he's an experienced keeper and a model pro, but for me he doesn't communicate anywhere near enough and he's too passive, was surprised when someone told me he was 35, thought he was older. Could of dived for Benrahmas shot and wouldn't of got near it, not many keepers would of either, but startling how off guard he was caught there

Seems like I'm on my own here but he worries me, absolutely respect he's an experienced keeper and a model pro, but for me he doesn't communicate anywhere near enough and he's too passive, was surprised when someone told me he was 35, thought he was older. Could of dived for Benrahmas shot and wouldn't of got near it, not many keepers would of either, but startling how off guard he was caught there

I actually don't rate Begovic, don't think he dives very well these days. But I guess most clubs don't have fantastic backup in goal

I actually don't rate Begovic, don't think he dives very well these days. But I guess most clubs don't have fantastic backup in goal
That's really what I'm saying mate, he moves like an old man, furthermore and potentially even worse, I'd never ever want to see Lonegran start a prem game, hes even older, I'd rather we kept Virginia who's hungry and with a point to prove, we need a half decent backup

That's really what I'm saying mate, he moves like an old man, furthermore and potentially even worse, I'd never ever want to see Lonegran start a prem game, hes even older, I'd rather we kept Virginia who's hungry and with a point to prove, we need a half decent backup

But someone like that is not going to be content on the bench. It's not like other positions where there will be opportunities for an understudy to get some minutes here an there. A promising young keeper really needs to play, or if worth something on the market to fetch that value.

An old hand like Begovich, who knows his role and is prepared to play at any time, that's a good profile for a backup.

He was fine today.

Bit like the Leeds goal.

Status
Not open for further replies.