Ashley Williams

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, signing Williams was pragmatic, and it was expensive. But if a player has ever proved his worth, then it's Ashley this season. He has impressed and delivered with the no-nonsense stuff we needed Jagielka to deliver, except Jagielka is nearing the end of the line.

Agree about Holgate. It's hard to see him as one of 2 CBs with his build. He could do with bulking up a bit.

This is true. Looks like he is going to be very good but needs more strength. His major weakness at the moment is in the air. He is unable to dominate anyone in the air therefore CB is currently out of the question against teams that employ big target men. I have no problem with him in a 3 at the back.

This is true. Looks like he is going to be very good but needs more strength. His major weakness at the moment is in the air. He is unable to dominate anyone in the air therefore CB is currently out of the question against teams that employ big target men. I have no problem with him in a 3 at the back.
True his although he certainly has the height I just think he lacks upper body strength which will hopefully just be a matter of time.

Mori is the same he struggles to win headers in a bustling situation but is great attacking/running onto headers

Had a very good game I thought. Some really key blocks and was really vocal throughout.

Saw him saying that he was good pals sith Mason Holgate. Can't be underestimated how good that could be for the young lad, learning from an intelligent international defender like Ash.

I think if we do sign another CB in the Summer, Williams will still be in the starting line up, more likely that Funes Mori will be the one benched, he seems "rushed" on the ball and gets caught out.

But we have been so much better defensively this season. However you can argue that with a back 5 instead of a back 4, we should be better defensively

Where's that fella from Swansea who dominated oppositions? So underwhelmed. Tempted to get rid this summer.

Ale house.

We don't have one CB who can pass the ball, midfielders come collect the ball deeper and makes it easy for teams to press us.

He is awful. Causes so many defensive problems with his insistence on sitting deep so as not to leave himself exposed due to his lack of pace. Terrible on the ball and his positional awareness has been extremely suspect on numerous occasions throughout the season.

We need infinitely better than him to have any aspirations of top 4. A clogger.

Status
Not open for further replies.