Aruna Kone

Status
Not open for further replies.
One of the most underwhelmimg signings I can remember.

Mine was Stones in January, no disrespect to the lad I know he's one for the future but it was late in the transfer window and I was hoping we'd strengthen the squad. Then I see on SSN that we were signing a defender from Barnsley...

Hardly say that, many of the people on this forum feel the same. A 29 year old average striker who has just been relegated and only managed 1 goal in 40 games for Sevilla.

lol

He scored 11 goals last season which is more than either of our strikers could manage. The Seville stat, great, but surely his record in England is more important ? Or the fact that he's scored goals everywhere else he has played ?

If he comes in for three years at £5m and scores 10 goals a season, what's the problem ?

Right miserable sods on here.

lol

He scored 11 goals last season which is more than either of our strikers could manage. The Seville stat, great, but surely his record in England is more important ? Or the fact that he's scored goals everywhere else he has played ?

If he comes in for three years at £5m and scores 10 goals a season, what's the problem ?

There isnt one. People are moaning for the sake of it.
FFS, even Davek isnt moaning about this transfer, theres nothing wrong with it IMO.

lol

You cant just forget about an abysmal stat at all. Sevilla are a similar club to us in terms of pushing for Europe and he didnt cut it.
Signing Kone will not move us on from 2nd and spending £6m on an old, average striker is just madness.

You cant just forget about an abysmal stat at all. Sevilla are a similar club to us in terms of pushing for Europe and he didnt cut it.
Signing Kone will not move us on from 2nd and spending £6m on an old, average striker is just madness.

I didn't say the stat should be forgotten, i asked you if you thought that his good scoring record at literally every other league (including the one we play in....) was more important.

Hardly say that, many of the people on this forum feel the same. A 29 year old average striker who has just been relegated and only managed 1 goal in 40 games for Sevilla.

The 1 in 40 Sevilla stat worried me, so I did a little research, he was injured for a LOT of his time in Sevilla and lost his place and clearly his form, pretty sure 90% of those 40 apps were as a late sub, from what I can look at anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.