Arsene IN

Status
Not open for further replies.
Would love to see this happen. He's a legend in the English game. He would give us a much needed style of play, get respect from the players and be a big attraction in the transfer market. There will be bigger players looking at him than us though.

Would love Emery or Fonseca, someone young in the game who has a style and could be here for a while, but I would still be made up with Wenger, we would probably only get 3 years of him but I think he would definitely bring us a style of play and put us in a good position to keep moving forward by the time he retires

It is nonsense to suggest a 68 year old. We need a young manager with a 5 year plan to develop the club. We need overhauling in all departments and we need someone with a long term vision to do it. If we bring in Wenger he will buy in short term success to end his career on a high and leave us with no prospects or he will fail and retire next year and we will be in the same state as we are now.
Time to start a process to get us into top four and to develop a brand that will keep us there.

All I read in that post was "buy in short term SUCCESS" so I'm in

The one manager I would have swapped Moyes is Wenger! However, would be surprised if the board went for someone not experienced in the Premier league at this point in time with stadia plans so he fits more than the other trendy names. I suppose it comes down to whether some of us can tolerate the raft negative spins on his name when inevitable top 4 four finish does not come fruition, again....

There are still Everton fans decrying the possibility of Arsene Wenger, one of the most successful managers in Premier League history, taking the reigns at a Club in an utter, utter mess.

Wenger’s gradual demise at Arsenal coincided with their move into the Emirates, whether that was down to him deciding not to spend money or the shackles were placed upon him, we’ll probably never know.

He revolutionalised the modern game & their Club in terms of sports science & the youth development programme. Despite his age, I believe he is still a visionary & a master tactician.

Let me be crystal clear, Arsene Wenger would be a 1,000,000% upgrade on BFS, the man is a class act and brings more football knowledge with him than the entire GOT readership.

The clamour for an unproven such as Fonseca is actually quite disturbing & reflective of the digital Sky age where if a manager looks the part, he must be ace.

I’ve mentioned before, the likes of Conte, Allegri, Emery & Simeone are unfortunately (currently) way out of our range - we deep in Howe, Dyche, Benitez, Rodgers & their ilk rather unpleasant territory.

Wenger should NOT be written off, even at 68. I’m not saying he should be our next Manager but there is a compelling case for his availability to be explored.

The problem is, none of us know what funding will be made available to any new Manager & that crucial piece of information will probably hold the key to who takes the hot seat at GP next season.

My only concern would be our squad appears to have little fight in it. What would it be like with a manager whose teams have been ridiculed for how easy they roll over for the last decade?

We will definitely improve with Wenger in charge. There’s not a single doubt about it. I will be delighted if he arrives and build a foundation for attacking football throughout our entire age group and leaves behind a legacy that is not seen at Everton since the 80s.

I’ve mentioned before, the likes of Conte, Allegri, Emery & Simeone are unfortunately (currently) way out of our range - we deep in Howe, Dyche, Benitez, Rodgers & their ilk rather unpleasant territory.

The problem is, none of us know what funding will be made available to any new Manager & that crucial piece of information will probably hold the key to who takes the hot seat at GP next season.[/QUOTE]

I think you are setting the bar way to high, in reality we are in Pardew, Clarke, DeCanio territory

Fat Sam will be here next season, Moshiri panicked re relegation this season and next season will be a struggle fat sam going nowhere

Would love Emery or Fonseca, someone young in the game who has a style and could be here for a while, but I would still be made up with Wenger, we would probably only get 3 years of him but I think he would definitely bring us a style of play and put us in a good position to keep moving forward by the time he retires
I watched the game tonight, hoping the Arse would win. Once again I saw this much loved manager Simeone (What a shade this man is) most
Evertonians want next to lead us. I flicked through the channels to take that mans face from my mind's-eye, I finally found a small man with
a lovely smile and seemed a very nice person, it was of course Harold Shipman.

The problem is, none of us know what funding will be made available to any new Manager & that crucial piece of information will probably hold the key to who takes the hot seat at GP next season.

I think you are setting the bar way to high, in reality we are in Pardew, Clarke, DeCanio territory

Fat Sam will be here next season, Moshiri panicked re relegation this season and next season will be a struggle fat sam going nowhere[/QUOTE]

Pardew, Clarke or di canio? Behave yourself mate ffs.

Fat Sam will be here next season, Moshiri panicked re relegation this season and next season will be a struggle fat sam going nowhere

Pardew, Clarke or di canio? Behave yourself mate ffs.[/QUOTE]

I remember when the same was said about Alladyce ... it was seen as a joke until it happened

Status
Not open for further replies.