Arsenal vs Everton - 4th May 13:30

Status
Not open for further replies.
Th final ball to the ''striker'' wouldn't have gotten much yesterday my friend as AJ always had 2 men to beat as he had no support without Yaks. DM put out a team to get a point as he has done many times and backfired again this time against an Arsenal ''2nd.eleven''

I wouldn't say it backfired, we outplayed, kept the ball better and passed it around better then the best "footballing" side in the country if the media is to be believed.

Not only did we keep more possession and genuinely look better then arsenal we did it at there own game, keeping it on the deck and playing some passes around. We also didn't have Arteta who is the catalyst in our team allegedly and Cahill who links the midfield and attack up excellently.

So much has been made of Arsenal missing Fabregas and Flamini but Arteta and Cahill are just as important to us. they carved out one clear cut opportunity and took it that's the way it goes sometimes but I wouldn't say we got our asses handed to us.

Far from it.

How many UEFA places are up for grabs at the moment, I initially thought it was 5,6 & 7. Obviously the FA Cup winner grabs one spot and the fifth placed team in the league goes thru. What happens to the remaining spot, who is it allocated to?

How many UEFA places are up for grabs at the moment, I initially thought it was 5,6 & 7. Obviously the FA Cup winner grabs one spot and the fifth placed team in the league goes thru. What happens to the remaining spot, who is it allocated to?

Tottenham via the Carling Cup ;)

Thanks! So its do or die this weekend! And we were so comfortable not too long ago. I hope Villa slips again...

Would like your guys response please...Has DM overstayed his welcome or will we always have an average team with Big Bill at the helm?

A solid if unspectacular performance from Everton ruined by the 1 lapse in concentration from Jag which cost us the match and allowed the Arsenal forward to score.
Typical Everton they do things the hard way, i dont think we will need any more points as i dont believe Villa will beat the hammers but we should easy take at least a point next week

As I have already said Bill, towards the end he fatigued more than anyone else but to be fair on the lad, he's started week in, week out and its his longest ever season.

No doubt about the fatigue factor as I we haven't played this many matches in a season for a very long time.

But that fatigue effects all players and Ossie just gave it up (possession) more than everyone else.

I was happy when i saw Arsenal's lineup and i was happy at half time. But once again we went to sleep in the second half. When Johnson's shot was deflected what was Pienaar thinking with that header it had no pace on it all why didnt he volley the [Poor language removed] out of it.

In the second half, i think it was Walcott who had a shot on the edge of the box that went wide of something, i watched the replay as he approached the box Yobo was tracking back??? there was no one back there it was clear he was gonna shoot.

Anyway i think Moyes brought on Yakubu way to late, i think 50 - 60th minute we needed him, add a bit of strength up front. Johnson had nothing against there back four.

It will be interesting on the last day...COYB

well i thought playing aj on his own against a 4 man defence was pathetic.
that game could have lasted a whole week and i dont think we would have scored.

i also agree with the yak substitute comment.he should have been bought on a hell of a lot earlier , same with baines.

arsenal played the dregs of there second string and in fairness they hardley had to break sweat.

i said it before and i will say it again since the uefa exit we have been [Poor language removed].
if our whole squad was fit we can pick a good first 11.past that though our strength in depth is rubbish.

I wouldn't say it backfired, we outplayed, kept the ball better and passed it around better then the best "footballing" side in the country if the media is to be believed.

Not only did we keep more possession and genuinely look better then arsenal we did it at there own game, keeping it on the deck and playing some passes around. We also didn't have Arteta who is the catalyst in our team allegedly and Cahill who links the midfield and attack up excellently.

So much has been made of Arsenal missing Fabregas and Flamini but Arteta and Cahill are just as important to us. they carved out one clear cut opportunity and took it that's the way it goes sometimes but I wouldn't say we got our asses handed to us.

Far from it.

Exaggerating a bit there. That Arsenal team was very, weak and inexperienced. A chance missed

So thats Viduka, Emre and Barton out of Sundays game!

All the soundbytes about, meetings with Mike Ashley and not being able to bridge the top four will hopefully turn their heads, you know what they are like up there!

Status
Not open for further replies.