Arsenal vs Everton - 4th May 13:30

Status
Not open for further replies.
i thought we did alrite today .......because arsenal lets us play its their style ...they were therre for the takin and though i did think we were goin to hold out for a draw it was a classic example they only needded one real chance....i thought ossie should have came off we bout 15+ to go as he loked tired and got robbed to easily.......

as much as im always harpin on about playin proper with a midfield od ossie ferandes pienaar a strong wind would blow them over our team needs height ,pace and skill.......the columns of the beauitful game

I watched the game in a pub with the sound down, don't know if the commentators were bagging on Ossie or not. I just thought he was tidy in posession and kept the ball well. The side as a whole passed the ball much better today. All we lacked was a cutting edge in the final third.

It's hard to tell of course as Arsenal were probably not at their best. It had the feel of a game at the end of the season with not much resting on it.

Bruce. You are certainly one of our most level headed posters and not prone to exaggeration as others might be so I'll chalk this up to sarcasm.

I'm going to choose my words carefully here.

Osman was absolute [Poor language removed] today and demonstrated why he's been nothing more than a squad player with occasional flashes of brilliance.

I quit counting how many times he lost possesion or was knocked off the ball, it was that bad. Then the few times he actually kept it, he then gave it away or nothing came of it.

Contrast that with everyone's favorite whipping boy (albeit a lot less lately) Fernandes who rarely gave possession away. They couldn't knock him off the ball or nick it off of him.

If all healthy, no chance Osman's a starting midfielder and that's without adding to the squad.

If we pick up an Arshavin type or add Manny permanently, then he's certainly going to be a good sub for us or someone off the bench type. But against top teams, he's out of his depth.

Sorry, that's just how I see it.

Im not taking the piss now Ive got a serious question. Ive just watched the game on Sky+ and I need to know- does anyone play footie on here? And if so have you ever taken a corner or free kick? Well I play Sunday league not a great standard but good enough- if someone took a corner and it didnt clear the front man they would be slated!

Fernandes took the corners today and at least three of them were so poor its untrue. Im not going to harp on about they get paid this or that but at the end of the day they are professional footballers they should be able to take a corner.

Im going to say it- I dont want us to sign Fernandes, if people think we will get him for £4m or so after Valencia paid £12m a year ago they need their head read- there are better players for less the price than Fernandes. Pienaar who was my MOTM today cost £2.2m fluppin brilliant signing.

Im not taking the piss now Ive got a serious question. Ive just watched the game on Sky+ and I need to know- does anyone play footie on here? And if so have you ever taken a corner or free kick? Well I play Sunday league not a great standard but good enough- if someone took a corner and it didnt clear the front man they would be slated!

Fernandes took the corners today and at least three of them were so poor its untrue. Im not going to harp on about they get paid this or that but at the end of the day they are professional footballers they should be able to take a corner.

Im going to say it- I dont want us to sign Fernandes, if people think we will get him for £4m or so after Valencia paid £12m a year ago they need their head read- there are better players for less the price than Fernandes. Pienaar who was my MOTM today cost £2.2m fluppin brilliant signing.

Agree Mick but sadly I was appreciative because they were better than Artetas.

To be fair, Fernandes whipped a great free kick in which someone really should have got on the end of.

About signing him though, Valencia are meant to be skint arent they?

If we could get him cheap enough then I wouldn't mind, we could always make our money back on him.

We cant take decent corners and our players cant beat other players when on the ball. I honestly cant remember the last time someone shew a decent bit of skill and beat an opponent and then played a decent pass at the end of it.

Although on todays performance just being able to hold off an opponent and not get tackled would be nice.

We need some beef and we need some balls in the middle of the pitch. and some skill would be nice too. Arteta is the only one who springs to mind but unless he improves tenfold next season he wont be up to much.

Fair enough we put in a huge effort in the first 3/4 of the season but as soon as we lost to Fiorintina we have looked knackered both mentally and physically.

We need to add quality and depth over the summer but it must be both otherwise we will not progress. 2-3 top quality players will be no good and neither will be 7-8 squad players on there own, we need both.

Then we have a chance of breaking the top 4. We are close but our limitations have been shown up clearly the last 2 months.

There is a knee jerk reaction thread pal.

I even saw Lescott take on and beat someone today. Pienaar beat several players several times.

I'm still livid over the last 15 mins but to be fair Pienaar had a decent game, as did Roger, even Pip was OK, I just don't understand the mentality of not chasing the game with nothing to lose and everything to gain....

Not that I want to have a go at Manny (I think he's been our best player in the past few weeks). but did anyone else think he was at fault for the goal? As the play developed I was shouting "TRACK BACK FERNANDES", and sure enough on the replay it showed that he left Hibbert trying to mark two players, thus allowing Traore to get the cross in.

Not that I want to have a go at Manny (I think he's been our best player in the past few weeks). but did anyone else think he was at fault for the goal? As the play developed I was shouting "TRACK BACK FERNANDES", and sure enough on the replay it showed that he left Hibbert trying to mark two players, thus allowing Traore to get the cross in.

AJ was at fault for the goal- he didnt even try and move

I will be made up if we get money for johnson in the close season.
we hardly get a goal out of if we play 4-4-2 or 4-5-1. considering he has good pace, he spends too much of the game on his heels. his lack of anticipation lets his game down badly. look at the goal we conceded today. a ball played to him from out of defence, he is on his heels again , we lose possesion. 1-0

He should have tracked back defiantly but even if he had off he wouldn't have prevented Traore from wipping in the cross. He was already to far behind him.

Its a part of his game that needs work. It isn't because he doesn't care like others will tell you he just isn't a hard worker not does he like doing the gritty work. Alot of foreign players have this problem.

If he does sign then I'm positive Moyes can get him working and doing the dirty work. He got Arteta into it and Yakubu is also adapting. Manny will learn and he has time on his hands.

Status
Not open for further replies.