Are you worried?

Are you concerned heading into the new season?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Digne, a centre-back and a ball carrying midfielder will make a big difference to the team and we still have time to get them in if we are willing to spend and be confident that we will move on 4/5 on deadline day.

Not worried yet but I think we will also need to take a leap of faith with the likes of Dowell, Connolly and perhaps Foulds before January if we start to suffer injuries.

A little worried due to the fact it's clear as day that it's the players that are letting the cub down. Too many mercenaries.

You can't just sack players (which is bollocks) which means it's gunna take a while for this mess to get sorted.

Digne, a centre-back and a ball carrying midfielder will make a big difference to the team and we still have time to get them in if we are willing to spend and be confident that we will move on 4/5 on deadline day.

Not worried yet but I think we will also need to take a leap of faith with the likes of Dowell, Connolly and perhaps Foulds before January if we start to suffer injuries.
Agree

Am I worried?? Absolutely
Any Everton fan with any knowledge of football should be.
We have a new manager who let's face it hasn't got the best track record in his previous jobs and is insistent on changing our entire style of play over night(cause that always goes so well) with a collection of old and stuck in their ways pro's who want a cushy end to their careers not to have to learn or perform any new tricks! We have a fan base(including me) that have, over the years of false dawns become so toxic that anytime a player miss places the slightest pass or fails to make a crunching tackle wants to burn said player in effigy! We have an owner that thinks throwing money at the problem will fix said problem, but as we've seen many times before doing that only lasts so long before they get bored and decide to pick up their toys and go home. Leaving the club in constant termoil and years of even more depressing situations. Pre-season is supposed to be a time where the fan base can get excited by the upcoming season and seeing new recruits come bouncing into the club with enthusiasm and fight......I see known of that at the moment. I see a club grasping at straws hoping to get lucky and hit the jackpot with a random collection of old players and ludicrously expensive unproven signings. We are building our footings on quick sand. We need to fix our defence and fast but we only have 12 days left to do it or we are going to get destroyed by any team that even knows how to attack.
Scratch that - im not worried I'm petrified!!!
(Well that was depressing to write, sorry blues) :oops:

Am I worried?? Absolutely
Any Everton fan with any knowledge of football should be.
We have a new manager who let's face it hasn't got the best track record in his previous jobs and is insistent on changing our entire style of play over night(cause that always goes so well) with a collection of old and stuck in their ways pro's who want a cushy end to their careers not to have to learn or perform any new tricks! We have a fan base(including me) that have, over the years of false dawns become so toxic that anytime a player miss places the slightest pass or fails to make a crunching tackle wants to burn said player in effigy! We have an owner that thinks throwing money at the problem will fix said problem, but as we've seen many times before doing that only lasts so long before they get bored and decide to pick up their toys and go home. Leaving the club in constant termoil and years of even more depressing situations. Pre-season is supposed to be a time where the fan base can get excited by the upcoming season and seeing new recruits come bouncing into the club with enthusiasm and fight......I see known of that at the moment. I see a club grasping at straws hoping to get lucky and hit the jackpot with a random collection of old players and ludicrously expensive unproven signings. We are building our footings on quick sand. We need to fix our defence and fast but we only have 12 days left to do it or we are going to get destroyed by any team that even knows how to attack.
Scratch that - im not worried I'm petrified!!!
(Well that was depressing to write, sorry blues) :oops:

Stay away from any sharp objects, busy roads or cliffs young Zekester.

Lots of work to be done.

Lookman looks to be off. That leaves us with having to play Sandro/Mirallas/Bolassie our wide should Walcott not be fit. God help us should anything happen to Richarlison. Another winger is needed if (when) Lookman goes.

We need at least 1 centre back (ideally 2) and 1 central midfielder.

I imagine lots of deals will be done towards the end of the window but our current situation is definitely a little worrying. Brands has his work cut out over the next 10 days.

Last edited:
as it stands , we are positionally weak in almost every single position.

we are not looking good at all.

big 10 days coming up.

we are defo bottom half material

I find it astounding that people still think that Brands is gonna wave his magic wand and produce another 3-4 quality players within the next week and a bit.

We’ve been here so many times before and always get let down. This window will be no different. Don’t kid yourselves on.

Have a few injuries and we could easily look like this.

Pickford

Coleman - Keane - Jags - Baines

Gueye - Schneiderlin

Bolasie - Iceland - Mirallas

Tosun

:dance::dance::dance::dance::dance:

Status
Not open for further replies.