Are the fans part of the problem?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fair point, I still don't get why people allow themselves to get so angry at individuals on their own team though. If they bother you that much, just say nothing, withdraw the cheering and singing and save it for someone else who you think deserves it more.

I can't think any of us can truly understand how receiving abuse from a few thousand people in the stands can affect a player's performance when none of us actually have any experience of it in our own day to day lives. Especially when we are so quick to acknowledge that giving a player our support will sometimes lift them to perform better......we can't have it both ways.
I know what you're saying but it happens everywhere. Targeting individual players and booing and heckling them is crazy and i've never understood it but frustration boiling over and and shouting and screaming at players when things go wrong is just part of the game and all fans do it. I've known people who are the most polite and well mannered you could ever meet become horrible at the game because it's their release. I'm not saying you're wrong because you're not but it's definitely not an Everton thing and it's mad that people think it is.

I know what you're saying but it happens everywhere. Targeting individual players and booing and heckling them is crazy and i've never understood it but frustration boiling over and and shouting and screaming at players when things go wrong is just part of the game and all fans do it. I've known people who are the most polite and well mannered you could ever meet become horrible at the game because it's their release. I'm not saying you're wrong because you're not but it's definitely not an Everton thing and it's mad that people think it is.
Don't get me wrong, I am not pretending to be an angel myself. Like you say, we all get frustrated and tempers boil over from time to time.

But for some its almost like its their favourite thing to do, rip into our own players at every opportunity and stubbornly refuse to give them any credit for anything good they might do too.

To my mind, when you have reached that point following your team then its time to find something else to do with your Saturdays because you aren't doing yourself or them any favours.

I think 1 player should be nominated to get the crowd going each game.......a headless chicken chase of the ball down or a strong but fair challenge on an opponent, preferably in the 1st minute of each game.

Absolutely not the team is the problem.

First half yesterday the atmosphere was flat as a pancake, soon as we had a disallowed goal or two that fired the team up which fired the crowd up.

It's hard create a boss atmosphere when your team is getting played off the park most weeks.

Yes, clearly, we are after last nights going on.

It was flat as a witches tit until the 27th min protest when suddenly the zombies came to life to abuse those of us who chose to leave.

More protests needed it would seem.

Football is a tribal sport for the working man, replacing war and skirmishes.
The only problem now is the middle classes and social media are now involved.

The fans no doubt intimidate our players at times, but it’s hardly surprising given the absolute dirge we have to witness 75% of the time. By that I don’t mean losing games, I mean abject lack of effort, heart, spirit and general desire or appearance they are trying their absolute best. Far too many chancers, bluffers and passengers atm for the fans to get behind.
Unfortualty that has the effect or tarrring all with the same brush when a couple of them do appalear to care.
Until that changes Goodison will be as much of a challenge to the home team as the away.

Not sure about anyone else but I’d struggle to do my job to the best of my ability if 30,000 people were booing me and calling me every name under the sun.

I still believe there should be alligators milling around the edge of the pitch. Oh another bad game from Iwobi - send on the alligators

Everton could easily solve this. As soon as fans arrive, cause problems. Tickets not working immediately, puddles on the floor, seats wet, programme seller shouting down everyones ear.

Before KO we'd have a ground full of angry fans. Pipe in that annoying loud noise from the other year and have a really crap singer come out and butcher spirit of the blues and we're on our way to 3 points.

Everton could easily solve this. As soon as fans arrive, cause problems. Tickets not working immediately, puddles on the floor, seats wet, programme seller shouting down everyones ear.

Before KO we'd have a ground full of angry fans. Pipe in that annoying loud noise from the other year and have a really crap singer come out and butcher spirit of the blues and we're on our way to 3 points.
Would serving Chang help wind up the masses?

Nothing wound me up like that vile wee wee.

You jest but it'd actually work.

Just randomly play YNWA every 20 minutes too and have stewards all wearing Ian Rush facemasks making abusive gestures every so often.

Status
Not open for further replies.