Anyone else miss playing in Europe?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I do went to Lille and Wolfsburg amazing away days ,also loved the uefa cup that team with Lescott Baines Cahill Arteta Pienaar Yakubu Johnson should have won that competition easily! Moyes bottled it in fiorentina

I definitely miss playing in Europe but tbh what i miss even more than that is actually enjoying watching Everton every single week. Haven't really enjoyed them consistently since the 2013/14 campaign. Since then they have been predominately disappointing and frustrating. Fingers crossed that will change when Silva has had the time he needs to turn things around.

It's the hope that kills us

Anderlecht was some trip for those that were there! Thousands of Blues for a preseason friendly in the pouring rain! Villarreal was some atmosphere and how close we came didn’t sink in for ages afterwards. Some of our away trips have been incredible for the support we take to these games. The club have an unbelievable following that isn’t always matched by the quality of the performance on the pitch.

I don’t miss them. A last 16 UEFA Cup tie and UCL play off is all we have to show for the last 30 odd years and last season was excruciatingly embarrassing, a ritual humiliation.

I like us playing in Europe but it has to mean something tangible, and it hasn’t since 1985.

Those Wolfsburg games were great. We were so clinical against a super talented side.

That Osman goal against Larissa? Wow.

Arteta goal against Fiorentina. Goodison almost fell to its core.
Since the eighties I personally think derbies aside Goodison has exploded twice - Ferguson’s goal against Utd to more or less secure 4th and Artetas goal against Fiorentina ( should have won it that year )

After last season's nightmare, not in the slightest. Burnley will be saying the same now. What's the point of the EL when you have to spend most of your pre-season playing qualifying rounds which then have a knock on effect to your start of the season.

They need to sort the EL out to make it more rewarding and appealing for the teams that qualify for it, starting by reducing the amount of teams in it.

Status
Not open for further replies.