2022/23 Anthony Gordon

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think people understand the rules mate, but the rules just dont make any sense. They bake in inequality.

We have spent the 12th most net in the league over the last 5 years, but are the only ones in trouble with the rules for overspending. That shows you the rules are ill fitting.

little old everton getting made an example of but all other clubs can do what they like

I think people understand the rules mate, but the rules just dont make any sense. They bake in inequality.

We have spent the 12th most net in the league over the last 5 years, but are the only ones in trouble with the rules for overspending. That shows you the rules are ill fitting.
Nah, just shows Farhad had no intention of ever trying to bring in commercial revenue to allow spending. He's a fool.

Because De Jong doesn't want to be at Barca but he wants whats owed through deferred salary.

He'd be off in a flash to a CL team as soon as thats happened. 18m EUR is a lot of EUR
But United are after him and they are not in the CL, that doesn't mean he has to come out and tell the world what he's going to do.

Thing is if we're selling him we need to spend the money before we got it really as the later we leave it the more we'll get rinsed ourselves...

He's actually the only player whose played every game under Lampard, if he's here he plays him

Well there's not much choice is there really.

Chelsea's transfer policy is often pretty scatter gun. They know if these young punts don't develop then they can sell him on without being too arsed.

If Frank is willing to let him go he must be confident of replacing him with quality. And with all respect, I strongly suspect it will be a step up.

I reckon Lampard knows a thing or two about attacking players so between him and Kevin I'm confident we'll get better quality in.

No one stays any more. That’s the problem. These players will sell their Nan if it means they can get themselves on BT sport on a Wednesday night. It’s sickening in a way.

It’s not a money thing (as I’m sure the majority of prem footballers are multimillionaires)

It’s not because they want exposure for their international teams. That used to be the case when if you moved to United or Liverpool next minute you were playing for England, but now Southgate is actually proving that he’ll select players who play most regularly.

It’s not a first team minutes thing. Most players will be playing less for the top clubs.

It’s just pure ego. They’d rather be sat on a bench whilst someone else wins trophies for them than stick it out and try and win something with a club outside the top 6. They want the kudos of playing for those teams and the media profile that comes with that, to swan into international training with their top 6 team mates.

No ambition the lot of them.
They all have ambition, which is why they dont stay at Everton.

What is there to achieve at this club?

It's irrelevant. We are not in the championship.

His record is 1 goal in 47 games and hes older than Gordon.

I couldn't care less what he does in the championship. To date hes not shown what hes done in the premiership hasnt been anything special.
Gordon has 32 PL starts. Gibbs-White has 12. It isn't a stretch to say they're at similar places developmentally.

Status
Not open for further replies.