2022/23 Anthony Gordon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nah. FA does want to make sure clubs don't pull the rug out from under themselves by not being sustainable. Chelsea got hit with FFP sanctions. Chelsea, the massive commercial machine.

Well let's deal with that point. If that were the case, why have more football clubs ran into financial difficulties? Why have Bury gone bust? Or Derby nearly done so? Or Bolton?

Why are leveraged buy outs allowed? Why is debt not taken into consideration as part of any calculation?

The best you can say, if you are being generous, is that it is ineffective in that regard.

It's worth saying as well, if the aim is to make teams sufficient, why is forcing clubs into a regulatory situation where they have to sell players under duress helping them?

What ever happens he wont be playing on Saturday. No transfer and 'his head isnt in the right place atm' when the team is announced. Just my opinion like.
Exactly this, so a game we really need to win and he won’t be available, just get the deal done if he’s going and get his replacement in asap and a striker ffs.

They all have ambition, which is why they dont stay at Everton.

What is there to achieve at this club?

Ambition used to be about striving to achieve something. There’s even a difficulty aspect to it as well e.g the harder the difficulty often the greater the reward.

What’s ambitious about sitting on City or Chelsea’s bench and collecting medals you’ve done jack all to win. Scott Carson and Richard Wright have done that, are they ambitious?

Real ambition would be for Gordon to say ‘no I’m going to be the focal point of this Everton team, I’ll drag them to trophies’. It’s like Lukaku missing a pen and all those one on ones in the cup semi and then moving to United because Everton don’t win trophies.

At some point these players are going to have to do it themselves. Kane at Spurs, maybe if he’d showed up in the numerous semi finals and finals they’ve been in he’d have a trophy by now, a lot easier though isn’t it to just move to City and let other players win them for you.

About making a statement, you said the club doesn't have so why should he have to go on social media to tell his side?
200.gif

Funny thing is mate, I can earn four times as much by getting on a train to Moscow and working in a private school - status increase as well, I chose not to do so. Each to their own.
I mean...

It's not all about money obviously. In my example, I might get more opportunities on a regular basis to work at a higher end of the industry, more contacts, more exclusive interviews etc. It would be nice, and if jobs come up I may apply for them, but I wouldn't be gutted if I didn't get them because I like where I am right now.

That's what I was trying to suggest could be the case with Gordon? He likes where he is right now, but of course would also be open to moving to Chelsea, one of the most successful British clubs of the last 20 years...

Ambition used to be about striving to achieve something. There’s even a difficulty aspect to it as well e.g the harder the difficulty often the greater the reward.

What’s ambitious about sitting on City or Chelsea’s bench and collecting medals you’ve done jack all to win. Scott Carson and Richard Wright have done that, are they ambitious?

Real ambition would be for Gordon to say ‘no I’m going to be the focal point of this Everton team, I’ll drag them to trophies’. It’s like Lukaku missing a pen and all those one on ones in the cup semi and then moving to United because Everton don’t win trophies.

At some point these players are going to have to do it themselves. Kane at Spurs, maybe if he’d showed up in the numerous semi finals and finals they’ve been in he’d have a trophy by now, a lot easier though isn’t it to just move to City and let other players win them for you.
But hes rubbish.

Status
Not open for further replies.