2022/23 Anthony Gordon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe I'm putting my head in the sand but I feel like the best move is to ignore all of this until something happens.

I do not want to get rid of AG but I am in favor of taking a well-above-market bid for almost any player.

There is a question mark re: if it's a good idea to lose one of our few good attackers, when we've already lost Richarlison and have a gimpy DCL, and only two weeks left in the window. But we've seen two games with no striker, and Gordon didn't look much of a threat. Maybe someone else can be put into the thankless role of trying to be the holdup man, which would free him up to keep the ball on the floor and run at goal, but without that focal point the attack just doesn't work, it doesn't really matter how we shuffle the bunch of non-strikers in front right?

On balance we're better off keeping him this window just because the downside risk is greater. But I could not blame the club one iota for selling a homegrown player at an inflated price and reaping a massive profit. I'll pray they spend the funds wisely.

You think Gordon is going to be anything other than a massive success in football?

Ok.

Think he's going to be an okay/decent premiership player.

He'll either stay here and be like someone similar to Andros Townsend. Bright sparks early in his career, hit a ceiling pretty early, float around midtable.

Or we cash in and he does the same but at a top table team before being loaned out for 3 years.

Astonishing that absolutely NO questions are being asked about the amount of money Chelsea are spunking this season, Boehly surely has to have some FFP or Profit and Sustainability accountability?

Its a freakin joke this Big 6 nonsense! Blind eyes everywhere!

Screw for 100 Million for christ sake!

they were effectively out of business less than 3 months ago!

Astonishing that absolutely NO questions are being asked about the amount of money Chelsea are spunking this season, Boehly surely has to have some FFP or Profit and Sustainability accountability?

Why would a question be asked? Their commercial deals absolutely dwarf ours.

Think he's going to be an okay/decent premiership player.

He'll either stay here and be like someone similar to Andros Townsend. Bright sparks early in his career, hit a ceiling pretty early, float around midtable.

Or we cash in and he does the same but at a top table team before being loaned out for 3 years.
Ha ha ha ha.

£3billion buyout too

Status
Not open for further replies.