2022/23 Anthony Gordon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Will be a champions league player next season while potentially we might be in the Championship.
He'll be at a club who might be in the Champions League, but I don't see him being anything more than a bit-part player there. Could very easily spend most of his career in the championship once the world's richest club has discarded him for actual quality footballers.

(Not knocking the lad btw, which league would you rather be in, never mind the pay rise. Makes total sense.)

Feels a little sad a home grown player has left in this ill manner. Clearly bad blood both sides.
Mad money for him and he'd clearly given up here. Was pro the sale in the summer at the numbers given but still feels sad.

I feel like his departure shows that behind the scenes, things are really worse than we think. A blue should be able to stick it out for a bit longer - he seemed mature and level headed in early interviews - and I would have thought from a successful Everton you can jump up to an established European power - or one of our top 6. Newcastle are now what we used to be for a while - the best of the rest - and soon to break up the top 6. So Antony Gordon was worried - even at the age of 21 - that he would be wasting time and wouldn't be able to fulfil his ambitions. He looks to have a better chance than Barkley of making it, and wish him all the best. I think he realised that sentiment and emotion won't get him far in his career so he had to give up Everton. Hopefully BK feels the same soon enough.

I feel like his departure shows that behind the scenes, things are really worse than we think. A blue should be able to stick it out for a bit longer - he seemed mature and level headed in early interviews - and I would have thought from a successful Everton you can jump up to an established European power - or one of our top 6. Newcastle are now what we used to be for a while - the best of the rest - and soon to break up the top 6. So Antony Gordon was worried - even at the age of 21 - that he would be wasting time and wouldn't be able to fulfil his ambitions. He looks to have a better chance than Barkley of making it, and wish him all the best. I think he realised that sentiment and emotion won't get him far in his career so he had to give up Everton. Hopefully BK feels the same soon enough.
and by the way, if he can get well paid for what people think is an average talent, why not? Why wouldn't you take up the chance to get paid well and progress your career, even if it may not be to the top

Status
Not open for further replies.