2022/23 Anthony Gordon

Status
Not open for further replies.

It'll be very interesting to see how he does there as he's shown flashes of brilliance mixed with larger periods of incredibly bad and immature play.

So far I'd describe him as a very poor version of Anders Limpar.

Think he'll be an impact sub at Newcastle.

It'll be very interesting to see how he does there as he's shown flashes of brilliance mixed with larger periods of incredibly bad and immature play.

Limpar had far better technique. I’ve just not seen anything from Gordon apart from good pace and pressing when he can be bothered to work.

He did last season by being an unknown breaking on the scene. This season he's been sussed so easily that he can't even beat a man anymore. All he had going for him was work rate (even though his stamina is questionable). So once that was lacking, he had nothing to show for it.

No doubt he'll have the odd good game there but I'm bemused by people who see potential in him to be anything but a reasonable winger.

I mean...Gnonto for Leeds is younger and has shown way more potential than Gordon has in 70+ games for us

Not even on the same planet as Barkley. Barkley ran games right away, Gordon showed sparks

They’ll have similar careers in playing in the Prem and Flirting with England but Barkley will always be the better player
It’s funny how people are comparing him with Barkley, when truth is he’s nowhere near the ability of Barkley. He had his breakthrough season at 19-20 and went to the World Cup at the end of that season we finished 5th.

Gordon is 22 in a few weeks with no England caps and a handful of half decent performances. In the end couldn’t get in the starting 11 of the second to bottom team in the league.

Status
Not open for further replies.