2022/23 Anthony Gordon

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Since I heard of the interest, I was always convinced Newcastle were for me,"

They were bottom of the league this time last season. Doesn't take long for a snake to turn and bite the hand

Anthony Gordon has joined Newcastle United for an undisclosed fee.

The 21-year-old forward leaves Everton after having submitted a formal transfer request.

Gordon joined the Club’s Academy at the age of 11 and made his senior debut as a 16-year-old in a Europa League tie in December 2017. He went on to make 78 First-Team appearances, scoring seven goals.

Did you go to all this trouble just for me to tell you to stop with all the photoshopping nonsense?

I have no idea of the FFP rules as it relates to that. But I dont think it'll count.
Be surprised if it doesn’t

Also key to bringing players in will be making room on the wage bill, Gordon wasn’t on a huge amount, although Rondon vacated a chunk.

We’ll have to get rid of a few high earners, even on loan

We got lucky here and him putting in the transfer request has helped us . 45 million is way to much for potential so let’s all move on and hope for a positive couple of days in the window that gives us a fighting chance of staying up

I hope he's going to be a Franny Jeffers type of signing, but I dont see it. He'll be moving on up beyond Newcastle in the next few seasons.
The only way this no-mark is going "up" from Newcastle is when he's sold to Aberdeen in about 4 years after making ~60 appearances for the magpies. ASM and Almiron are already 10x the player he is.

Status
Not open for further replies.