2022/23 Anthony Gordon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Newcastle fan in peace!

I appreciate the sentiment you guys have with respect to Gordon. If the shoe was on the other foot, I would feel exactly the same. I get that you think he is a bit rubbish but he looks better than Almiron (purple patch excluded) and he seems to graft on the pitch, which has been the backbone of our relative success this season. We also lack a lot of depth in his position and replying on players like Ryan Fraser and Jacob Murphy is terrifying!

40M is a lot, but we are in a somewhat desperate situation and there is always that English tax. Besides, he caused us a lot of problems when you played us.

All the best to you guys though. Hope Dyche (if he is the one) manages to keep you up. Everton are not a club that belongs in the Championship
You are getting a bargain. His potential is massive and when in form he can boss games. This season hasn't been the best from him and he hasn't pushed on from him being a revelation last season.

Insane deal for us if we're being honest. If he wasn't such a rat in the process of this people wouldn't give him grief at all. All jokes and everything aside I never once seen Gordon looking anywhere near a £40m player, not last year, this season or in the future. I genuinely can't understand what clubs see in him, scouts are scouts for a reason and all that but the lad has absolutely nothing to his game that shows he'll be worth anything close to that.

My only hope is that those add-ons are based on Newcastle's performance as a club and not Gordon's performance as a player because if they're based on him we're never seeing that money.
Hhhmmmm

Many games last season he was our only performer along with Richie, a young kid who stepped up and dragged us along. If not for him and Rich, we were gone.

Shame it all went sour.

You are getting a bargain. His potential is massive and when in form he can boss games. This season hasn't been the best from him and he hasn't pushed on from him being a revelation last season.
a bargain? when has he bossed a game?... I couldn't be any more opposite. I think they are getting another Gray, nothing tells me otherwise and his attitude is terrible.

Wish him no ill - scored some important goals for us - a bit of a triumph for our youth policy - but he is still full of potential and I would expect more to come from him.
Use the money wisely Sean lad. ASM, Ziyech & Antonio would be useful additions and definite upgrades.

Status
Not open for further replies.